Descent BB

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Descent BB Forum Index > 6DoF Game Development > D2X-XL Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SirVentolin
Trainee

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 1:21 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Does anyone know where I could report bugs, or get some help with D2X-XL?

On the entire site, there's not a single mention of any type of contact information...

I found a whole mess of bugs...though some of them might just be weird problems specific to my system...I can't tell....

www.descent2.de

maybe I missed something...I don't know....but i'd really rather not have to learn C++ to fix some minor bugs
++fyrephlie++
DBB PostBot

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:41 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

deidel still keeps up with it on the old dbb.net...

http://www.descentbb.net/viewforum.php?f=34

(19:45:53) JBOMBnsht : go brokebackmountain on that ass and fuck a dude...change it up..ya never know
Ferno
BDSM Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:50 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

If I were you SirV, I'd use D2x-rebirth.

plays great and has a LOT less bugs.
SirVentolin
Trainee

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:05 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I'm using Rebirth now, and it is fantastic, i'm going to use it as the code base for all of my future descent work I think. however, D2X-XL does provide a much more rich graphical experience......and I love me up some graphics....

***** edit *****

Now that i think about it, "Into Ceberon" might just be my best bet.....though I'm not the worlds biggest fan of Radiant Level Design tools...
Pun
DBB Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:18 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Orion Wing > Into Cerberon.
[NuB-T]Enzo03
Ace

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 7:08 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

have you tried emailing diedel himself?

karx11erx@hotmail.com

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 7:52 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

wow... good thing you showed up at a thread thats been dead for almost 3 weeks...

(19:45:53) JBOMBnsht : go brokebackmountain on that ass and fuck a dude...change it up..ya never know
Bagheera
Hotshot

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:27 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I cant get anything to work on my machine. I unzipped the latest version of d2 xl into the d2 folder as directed, but one icon doesnt work, and when I click on the other, the pilot select screen pops up, but as soon as I select a pilot, the screen dissapears. Ive tried everything to get it to work, including patching up d2 to 1.2. D1, and d2x rebirth wont work either. They both worked before i upgraded my rig from win 2000 to windows xp.
Toumal
Trainee

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:53 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Does anyone know where to get access to any kind of source repository for either D2X-XL or Rebirth?

I don't mean downloading the source as a ZIP file or anything, I mean a CVS or SVN server...
AusRED5
Hotshot

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 2:16 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Toumal wrote:
Does anyone know where to get access to any kind of source repository for either D2X-XL or Rebirth?

I don't mean downloading the source as a ZIP file or anything, I mean a CVS or SVN server...

Quote:
have you tried emailing diedel himself?

karx11erx@hotmail.com
++fyrephlie++
DBB PostBot

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 12:42 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

lol... ok, since thread reading can be tough... Smile

http://www.descent2.de/ is the website, there is info on emailing him

http://www.descentbb.net/viewforum.php?f=34 is the main thread on the .net

karx11erx@hotmail.com is deidel's email

Diedel
Rookie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 12:42 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Hi Toumal,

I am the maintainer of D2X-XL.

You would be very welcome to help with D2X-XL, particularly in the realm of OpenGL programming, but ofc also in any other you're interested in. Smile

I am planning to keep the D2X-XL source in a SVN repository on SourceForge.net (there is already a D2X-XL project), but I first had to get my butt in the SVN know. Wink

If you are willing and able to contribute, you can and will definitely get write access to the repository.

Find me on www.descentbb.net (the 'original' Descent BB) or reach me at karx11erx at hotmail dot com.

D2X-XL is way more advanced than D2X (which it was spawned off and which has been pretty much stagnant for almost 2 years) or D2X-Rebirth (which was also spawned off D2X, but about 1 1/2 years later than D2X-XL). I have fixed virtually all bugs from D2X in D2X-XL and added a bunch of new features on top of that. I have also done a tremendous lot of code cleanup and restructuring (still far from perfect, but a big leap to the right direction anyway). Find more on www.descent2.de, where you can also find a source archive (rar) to get an impression.

Greetz

Diedel (karx11erx)
Pun
DBB Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:49 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Catfight removed. Contribute to the thread or STFU.
Diedel
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 2:56 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Ferno wrote:

D2X-XL definitely does not have more bugs than D2X-R, not to speak of a LOT more. Actually it has way less since it has been branched off D2X 1.5 years before D2X-R, giving plenty of time to fix all bugs from D2X.
++fyrephlie++
DBB PostBot

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 3:11 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Diedel wrote:
Ferno wrote:

D2X-XL definitely does not have more bugs than D2X-R, not to speak of a LOT more. Actually it has way less since it has been branched off D2X 1.5 years before D2X-R, giving plenty of time to fix all bugs from D2X.

Rolling Eyes

Grendel
Ninja Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 4:24 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

++fyrephlie++ wrote:
Diedel wrote:

Rolling Eyes

He's right, you know..
++fyrephlie++
DBB PostBot

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:11 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

he's also repeating what was just deleted by pun...

oh, and of course that's also more a matter of opinion than anything else...

Pun
DBB Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 6:11 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

He was repeating his point in a more respectable and appropriate manner for this thread. That's the difference, phlie.

Thank you, Diedel. Smile
Diedel
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:50 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

You're welcome, Pun. Smile

Thank you, Grendel. Smile

Btw, SVN repository is up (info on my website's D2X page), and 64 bit Linux compatibility of d2-xl is now confirmed (got it to run on Open SUSE 10.1 64 bit yesterday after having fought my way through some Linux installation hassle).
++fyrephlie++
DBB PostBot

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:07 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

hmmm 64-bit linux support you say...

View previous topic :: View next topic