Descent BB

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Descent BB Forum Index > 6DoF Game Development > Core Decision Delayed Until 2007 Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Mighty
Trainee

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 6:49 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I joined up Pun. Now I just need a good avatar.

I checked on HighOctane Software's site, and the game is being delayed until 2007. See the quote below:

". . .Please note, we are officially announcing, after careful consideration by our teams, administration, investors, and publisher that the release date will be postponed to 2007. The exact details are to be determined.

It was a difficult choice to be made and was not based solely on the state of the project but also the market and technology presently available. In addition we were required to change from a multi-phased release to releasing all platforms on the same day. Due to this and many other unforeseen circumstances we have chosen to delay the release.

Please accept our apologies on this.

Thank You."

Well, back to playing Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory for a while. Very Happy Hope Omega Wing Zero pans out.
Pun
DBB Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:11 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I can't say that this really should come as a surprise to anyone. These guys have teken on a full scale project here. Of course there's going to be delays. I just hope that High Octane does a better job at game development than they have done with the PR side of their business. So many things have been mishandled. I think that's really the reason there's so much skepticism from the Descent Community. I've got a few pretty good friends that are/were on the High Octane team and they assure me that the game will be great. We'll have to wait and see.
Ferno
BDSM Fanatic

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:13 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

From what i've seen, there's only been skepticism from a few people.
Bunyip
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:15 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

There are only a few people in the descent community.

Pun
DBB Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:21 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Core Decision has done an atrocious job with their image and Public Relations. It's a train wreck. Don't misunderstand me. I dont know anything about the game itself, but the whole thing has been grossly mishandled from a PR and image point of view.
NedPilot
Hotshot

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:52 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

So much for using my CompU$A gift card which expires in 90 days. . . Razz

I wonder if the game will be good too. THe screenshots they released a while back were pretty weak, but it appeared I was in the minority opinion.

If they do a very GOOD job on this game, they will make a fk load of money. Its been years since a good game has come out which isn't a shooter or sychronized online warring faction bull$hz (apologoes to those who like synchronized online warring faction bull$t . . . Rolling Eyes

We just need something new.
JBOMB
DBB Cadet

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:33 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

/me keeps his mouth shut...
jesusfr3ak4evr
Ace

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:35 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I'm a skeptic on Core Decision. Then again, I'm skeptical about most things. On the other hand, I HOPE it will come out [on the revised time schedule] and I hope it will be a great game. Either way, I'll still support them by buying the game.
willkill
Ace

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:19 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

is this a 6dof game also? errr I guess I mean do you fly a ship? and if so where are the finished color images?

If you're gonna bluff, be prepared to strike..fast, hard and often..leaving nothing undone.

RIP Dad Ben Thompson Jan.6,1941-May5,2009
d3jake
Ace

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:55 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

From what I gather from the site (I practically absorbed all CD related info on there...) It'll be Descent like. But, not the same thing, I want to see screen shots too.
The things that are cool to me, is a built in MP3 player and a cloaking device IN YOUR SHIP BY DEFAULT...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:42 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I just hope this doesn't become another nTrap. Idea

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:28 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

no comment.
willkill
Ace

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:43 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Hunter wrote:

wutsat mean??a fake?? Sad

If you're gonna bluff, be prepared to strike..fast, hard and often..leaving nothing undone.

MD-2389
Insane!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:06 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

willkill wrote:
Hunter wrote:

nTrap didn't happen because they couldn't find a publisher IIRC.

As for Core Decision, it IS coming out. I've been keeping tabs with Zach, who has been kind enough to remove any doubt of it not coming out. Smile
Pun
DBB Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:54 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I wonder if they'll have the same problem nTrap did. Nobody willing to publish...
willkill
Ace

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:10 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

ahhh...well how many of you high-end comp gamers are gonna take off from D3 when this new game happens? j/k don't answer Razz

MD-2389
Insane!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:05 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Pun, they DO have a publisher. That I do know for a fact. (Had one for quite some time) Zach mentioned that in TS a few months back, so unless something has changed.....
d3jake
Ace

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:46 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Wait... guys from HO go into TS??? I woulda like'd to've know that...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:03 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

d3jake wrote:
Wait... guys from HO go into TS??? I woulda like'd to've know that...

What'd you think the HOS room was for?
d3jake
Ace

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:58 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

O_O;;

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:37 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

MD-2389 wrote:
willkill wrote:
Hunter wrote:

nTrap didn't happen because they couldn't find a publisher IIRC.

As for Core Decision, it IS coming out. I've been keeping tabs with Zach, who has been kind enough to remove any doubt of it not coming out. Smile
Shall I check the date again in a year to see nothing changed? Sad
Pun
DBB Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:47 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

lol.
MD-2389
Insane!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:16 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Funny. Wink
OOPS
Trainee

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 7:16 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Bunyip wrote:
There are only a few people in the descent community.

LoL!
BUBBALOU
Insane!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:40 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

OOPS - Joined:05 Aug 2007 - Posted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:16 am wrote:
LoL!

resurrect a dead thread with LoL .....you have to be kidding me Surprised

Idea BAN HIM! Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:22 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Hahhahaha what ever happened to this pipe dream?

JBOMB - "kinda...cause after you smoke enough bowls you end up realizing you are both 2 idiots jumping around in front of a tv.."
View previous topic :: View next topic