Descent BB

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Descent BB Forum Index > PTMC Saloon > What game are you dickheads playing? :) Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AceCombat
SpongeBob

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:56 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

JBOMB wrote:
Fuck...yo...couch..nigga.

umm yeah, what version of BF4 are you playing? i cant find you on Origin

BDSM Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:20 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Bunyip wrote:
If you like Aircraft, you should really check out Warthunder before you commit. Most I've spoken to far prefer it to WOWP, and if they play WOWP it's only because of the tokens and gold and free shit they can get for their WOT account. When WOWP beta ends and they wipe your Hangar, you may find you prefer the other game Wink

<shrug>

Yeah, I keep seeing ads for it, so I might as well give it a shot.

and occulus rift support? tasty...

Got Warthunder downloaded, set up, and ready to go.... and my internet connection took a giant dump three hours ago and hasn't picked up at all. Figures, eh? Very Happy
JBOMB
DBB Cadet

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:42 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Version of BF4? Are there different versions that segregate players?

At any rate. I have the Digital Deluxe version and my origin name is JBOMBr don't forget the little r at the end as someone already beat me to my preferred gaming moniker.
AceCombat
SpongeBob

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:02 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

JBOMB wrote:
Version of BF4? Are there different versions that segregate players?

At any rate. I have the Digital Deluxe version and my origin name is JBOMBr don't forget the little r at the end as someone already beat me to my preferred gaming moniker.

so its PC, and thats what i meant by version.... PC/Console

[deleted]

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:52 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

something that isn't anything that any of you play.
Money!
Ace

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:27 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Descent 3, in couple month streaks, followed by six month droughts

damn you.
Neo
[deleted]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:41 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

nice ninja delete, dickhead pun
Bunyip
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:42 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Hey Neo, thanks for sharing. Cool story.

Pun
DBB Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:12 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I DLed WoT recently. Is there a good newbs guide out there, and can y'all WoT players offer any beginners advice?
Bunyip
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:52 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Vince:

It's a tough game to learn because there are a lot of things that are not necessarily intuitive and there are some deep mechanics. I can take you in a training room and show you some of the hardest stuff to learn by playing, like the camo mechanics, but the only way to learn the game is by playing it.

Once you've mastered the manual skills of driving your tank around, and the basic game mechanics.... it's time to start learning how to play the game. Hit me up on my mobile or text me or something and we'll get on voice chat and play some games. My girl started playing this week so you can join us Wink

If you want to do some reading, the forums are a good place to start.

here's a post with lots of good info:

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/296391-improving-effeciency-and-wn7wn8-stats/page__pid__5832296#entry5832296

post # 15 is particularly good.

here is more:

http://forum.wotlabs.net/index.php?/topic/413-collection-of-guides-tips-and-helpful-links/

That's a good start Smile

Pun
DBB Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:32 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Sounds good, brother. I am buried this week and most of next, but when I get some breathing room, I'll hit you up.
Bunyip
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:20 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

One piece of advice: Advancing in tiers is not as important as it feels or necessarily even desirable once you find a tank you enjoy and do well in. Currently 90% of my games are in tanks from tier V through VIII, my top tier tanks gather dust for a lot of reasons.

A few other things that occurred to me while typing:

Despite what the tutorial says, don't use auto-aim for now. It's useful in limited circumstances but...in general unless you're circling an enemy in a smaller tank or so far away that the reticle covers the entire enemy, you're probably better off manually aiming.

Don't play light tanks until you've spoken with me. They get special matchmaking which is disconcerting to say the least.

You can zoom in/out of sniper view with your mouse wheel. Keyboard shortcut is left-shift for sniper view on/off.

It's entirely possible to play 100% for free, but there are a lot of compromises and timesinks involved. Crew skill training/retraining, premium account time and premium tanks (gold or real $) all factor in to the utility/cash equation.

Don't buy a premium tank until you've spoken with me. Quick and dirty: Prem tanks in general are not as good as "earned tanks" but they cost less to repair and have a high credit-earning coefficient. The reason they are killing you so much is that is how experienced players farm credits... not because they're necessarily good tanks (though there is one in particular that is amazing... and no longer available for purchase). You're going to see a lot of them. Resist the temptation for now at least.

Arty (SPG) play can be fun as a change of pace. left-shift puts you in an over-head ("Strategic") view in an SPG.

Oh and if it's not too late, a good beginner tank line is as follows:

(USA)
T1 Cunningham -> T2 Medium -> M2 Medium -> M3 Lee

The M3 Lee is kind of a stinker because of the fact that it's turretless but once you've made it through those tanks (hours and hours of play) you unlock the M4 Sherman & the T1 heavy and subsequent tanks, all of which are pretty good.

If you're leaning a different way, I'll do my best to guide you. There are lots of good choices, but I'd strongly advise against playing the British or French tanks until you have more experience, the early tiers are pretty brutal.

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic