Descent BB

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Descent BB Forum Index > PTMC Saloon > What game are you dickheads playing? :) Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JBOMB
DBB Cadet

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:29 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

And why isn't it Kerbal Space Program...You guys are nerds. Nerds love KSP....Trust.. http://www.reddit.com/r/KerbalSpaceProgram

I fucking love this game...You should too i promise..
If not..then what ya playin?
Bunyip
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:17 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

lots of stuff Razz

Grendel
Ninja Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:44 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Mostly Talon right now. Besides that I don't play a lot, some Retrovirus, Left For Dead 2.

SpongeBob

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:42 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Battlefield 4 Exclusive/Open BETA

DBB Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:31 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

How can it be exclusive if it is open?

(19:11) [D3k]Gooberman: pffft, I didnt get owned baal, you just got 60 lucky fusion shots
JBOMB
DBB Cadet

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:37 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Well..it's exclusively open... The openess is exclusive... The fact that it's exclusive is what is open about it.
AceCombat
SpongeBob

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:17 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

i had access to the Exclusive part on Oct. 1 ..... now its Open since Oct 4.

and OMG the building drop is incredible Shocked

DBB Cadet

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:35 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Grendel wrote:
Mostly Talon right now. Besides that I don't play a lot, some Retrovirus, Left For Dead 2.

Talon looks like another game i used to play you guys might have heard of it. Retrovirus is really nice looking.
BUBBALOU
Insane!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:51 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

ArmA3, DCS World, DayZ, Talon, Retrovirus, occasional Planetside2(when I want to be stupid)

Chocolate Milk 12 year olds playing BF 1-4 series at 60-70 per release! Boring

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:53 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Talon! It's great!

BTW, checked out KSP. I can get my ship about a few thousand feet up before it runs out of gas and crashes to earth. So much fun. Haha.
Bunyip
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:11 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Some interesting games I'll have to check out.

Personally, I'm mostly playing World of Tanks... I'm finding it very satisfying for an F2P, though I can't wait to check out WarThunder's Ground Forces when it releases. I did recently play the hell out of XCOM: Enemy Unknown's single player too. Oh, and Minecraft is sort of my "I'm too unmotivated to do anything else" game, has been for a long time. Something about digging long ass tunnels on level 11 is very soothing. Except for the lava waterfalls...the zombies, the skeletons...and the creepers. On hardcore mode because respawning is for pussies.

How do I get into Talon? And KSP is on Steam, I think, or is there a better option?

JBOMB
DBB Cadet

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:50 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

lol pun...Please youtube "Scott Manley"... he is responsible for getting me to orbit for the first time. After that things just kind of spin out of control from there. The builds get bigger and more bananas.

Bun KSP is on steam and if you wait for the weekend it will probably be on sale for like 14 dollars. There is also a free demo that will pretty much show you what it's all about.

KSP is still in Alpha, they are about to release career mode, right now it's only sandbox mode. Both the developers (SQUAD) and the community of ksp is like nothing i've ever seen with a game. The mods people make for it are just wicked. SQUAD communicates directly with it's users constantly.

I've seen more than one person say this about KSP and it was completely true for me as well which is no other video game has ever given me the feeling of satisfaction and accomplishment like KSP has.

https://kerbalspaceprogram.com

http://kerbalspaceport.com
(this is where people download all the free rad mods and add-ons for the game. All you have to do is scroll through some of them to see that you want them even though you haven't even downloaded the game yet.

http://www.reddit.com/r/KerbalSpaceProgram (where you will see all the crazy stuff people build)

And lookey here Gren! KSP even has a YOU: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/45636-WIP-KSP-Display-%28Physical-Display%29-*Update-9-23-13*

Razz

My KSP blowjob is done.
Grendel
Ninja Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:17 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Bunyip wrote:
How do I get into Talon?

Missed the beta window, but check this out.

DBB PostBot

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:38 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Thanks for the heads up on kerbal space program. I run an Ubuntu VM for my development environment at work and that game is advertised in their software center all the time since it must be Linux compatible on Steam. It looked somewhat interesting but now I think I'll have to check it out. On the flip side, screw you, I have something like 200 games on Steam and have only played about half of them for more than 5-10 minutes and now I have to try another one and that is clearly your fault.

As to the games I play... what little time I get to play games goes towards a couple of iOS titles I play on toilet like Badlands and Minecraft PE and a couple of card / board games gone iOS. There's a couple I have played on Android as well. Otherwise I play some FTL which is incredibly fun even if it's one of those games I'll never really 'win' just do a little better at each time... maybe I'll find a walk through. Recently GOG ran an Interplay sale and I picked the original Fallout series which reminded me of the days of Descent, so I downloaded and started playing those for an hour or two.

Still... I need to stop buying games I don't have time to play. It's like a collector's mentality for bits and bytes.

(19:45:53) JBOMBnsht : go brokebackmountain on that ass and fuck a dude...change it up..ya never know
JBOMB
DBB Cadet

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:08 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

lol..the steams sales...they are too good..you look at a game you used to want and go "It's the same price as the sandwich i just ate" then you buy it and it sits. I have those games too! Some i didn't even bother to download. When steam has a sale on KSP which seems to be every weekend it's only 14 bucks. Worth every sandwich penny. Get it! Hi Fly.
STRESSTEST
DBB Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:39 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

WoT Smile

JBOMB - "kinda...cause after you smoke enough bowls you end up realizing you are both 2 idiots jumping around in front of a tv.."
++fyrephlie++
DBB PostBot

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:46 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

JBOMB wrote:
lol..the steams sales...they are too good..you look at a game you used to want and go "It's the same price as the sandwich i just ate" then you buy it and it sits. I have those games too! Some i didn't even bother to download. When steam has a sale on KSP which seems to be every weekend it's only 14 bucks. Worth every sandwich penny. Get it! Hi Fly.

Hi!

For me the problem is less the Steam sales (less) and more these damn Humble Bundles... I can get a bunch of games for a few bucks and it goes to charity? Sign me up and email me every time they happen!

(19:45:53) JBOMBnsht : go brokebackmountain on that ass and fuck a dude...change it up..ya never know
Pun
DBB Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:45 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Just checked out the KSP subreddit. Some of the shit they're doing is crazy! Of course, I'm going to bite. Fucker. You did it to me again.
JBOMB
DBB Cadet

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:02 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Yaye!...Can't wait to talk orbital mechanics, delta V and whatnot. Just kidding..The hardcore guys do math nsht with the game i just make over the top stuff and send it into space.

Again bro. Scott Manley on youtube is our friend. He is a star in the community and rightly so. Check out his videos and you will see why.
Also. Your sons will love the game.

For further inspiration i direct you to Nassault, a ksp player and aspiring video dude. He makes these little movies using the game that are always so fucking cool. This is one of my favorites. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rhpy9zBpLMw
++fyrephlie++
DBB PostBot

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:17 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

This is what sold me on it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFX5kZMulu0

I'll be picking this up soon.

JBOMB
DBB Cadet

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:29 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I like that video because it shows pretty much all the stuff you go through when you first play the game. That guy is extremely proficient for not having done it before. That's actually the last version of the game there is a whole new space port (all those buildings)

If and when you guys do start playing the game lets start a devoted KSP thread i have some tips for you guys that will shorten the learning curve immensely.
Bunyip
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:11 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I grabbed KSP. I confess, I find the sandbox mode uninspiring... give me purpose!

JBOMB
DBB Cadet

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:35 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Bunyip wrote:
I grabbed KSP. I confess, I find the sandbox mode uninspiring... give me purpose!

Pshht..At least talk to me after you at least land on the mun! Razz also..PROOF!

This may be premature to show off because unless you've played it a bit you really can't fully appreciate what it took but, I am responsible for one of the craziest builds that sub reddit ever done saw.

I made Mun Town: http://imgur.com/a/xtR7r

Here is the thread with the ksp'rs commenting on mun town:
http://www.reddit.com/r/KerbalSpaceProgram/comments/1lgs8x/what_happens_in_mun_townstays_in_mun_town_my_mun/

Build something..Get crazy. But first learn how to go places.

ALSO.....download fun mods, specifically MechJeb (its like an onboard autopilot computer). Or the kerbal attachments system, or infernal robotics robot part like hinges and servos..It's endless.. Get some mods.

If you want a laugh look what this guy made: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhRNO6EZmRA

For some people its all about the realism of the rockets, for others it's about going over the top and abusing ksp's physics engine. I fall into camp 2 Wink
MD-2389
Insane!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:01 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Still the occasional game of League of Legends, Cards Against Humanity online, C&C Red Alert 2, America's Army 2, and on rare occasions Supreme Commander.
AceCombat
SpongeBob

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:56 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

STILL playing AAO2? no AAO3? Confused

DBB Cadet

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:48 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I bought BF4...anyone else? My Origin name is JBOMBr

add me..lez do this.
Ferno
BDSM Fanatic

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:04 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

World of Warplanes
Bunyip
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:42 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Ferno wrote:
World of Warplanes

GOD that game is bad. I play world of tanks, I can get free stuff for playing WOWP and I don't.

Warthunder is pretty good though. Wink

AceCombat
SpongeBob

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:11 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

JBOMB wrote:
I bought BF4...anyone else? My Origin name is JBOMBr

add me..lez do this.

tried, says you dont exist? no joke, couldnt find your profile? you PC or Console?

Bunyip wrote:
actually i like WT aswell

BDSM Fanatic

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:20 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Bunyip wrote:
Ferno wrote:
World of Warplanes

GOD that game is bad. I play world of tanks, I can get free stuff for playing WOWP and I don't.

are you playing it with a joystick, or did you try it with a mouse? I tried it with the mouse setup and the feel isn't too bad. The tech tree is a little confusing, but manageable.
Bunyip
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:45 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I moused it Ferny, the tech trees are actually pretty straightforward after playing WOT Wink

All I can say is that free gold in WOT isn't enough to get me to play WOWP. I'd rather just spend the cash. I uninstalled it, not even the special beta planes can entice me, lol.

I admit I'm looking forward to WOWS (warships).

Ferno
BDSM Fanatic

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:42 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

WOWS sounds kind of neat... but I personally prefer aircraft. So I'll probably stick with WOWP for awhile.
JBOMB
DBB Cadet

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:33 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Fuck...yo...couch..nigga.
Ferno
BDSM Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:31 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

It's been fucked too much. Any more and it might end up completely crusted over.
Bunyip
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:20 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Ferno wrote:
WOWS sounds kind of neat... but I personally prefer aircraft. So I'll probably stick with WOWP for awhile.

If you like Aircraft, you should really check out Warthunder before you commit. Most I've spoken to far prefer it to WOWP, and if they play WOWP it's only because of the tokens and gold and free shit they can get for their WOT account. When WOWP beta ends and they wipe your Hangar, you may find you prefer the other game Wink

<shrug>

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic