Descent BB

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Descent BB Forum Index > Hobby Lobby > Hydraulic and/or Pneumatic joystick (for machinery) Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
roid
Inane!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:25 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Anyone know about hydraulics here? Actually that doesn't matter i'm still going to ask.

I'm curious if there is a hydraulic joystick that instead of operating valves - it instead pushes directly on bladders/bellows.

What do u think?

i did find a pic that seems to be illustrating the idea http://patentimages.storage.googleapis.com/EP0152219B1/imgf0002.png Note the joystick on the lower right and the balloons below it.
But i don't know of anything that actually uses this type of mechanism IRL.
ps: i'm designing sex toys, yes, again.
No it's probably not going to have a "joystick" per-se, i'm thinking atm it'll be more like a soft flexable double-ended tentacle - where you can control the tentacle on one side by manipulating the tentacle on the other side. The tentacle on one side does what the other one does - THE MAGIC OF HYDRAULICS!
(well... technically it'll more likely be pneumatic not hydraulic, coz liquid would be heavier than gas and weight does matter, but whatever)

(update: oh... i just thought of a way to do it with cables, hmm yes yes interesting, but that's another idea-train for another time...)

There's various proof of concept engineering toys that use syringes, but syringes with their sealed sliding surfaces are dumb they have way too much friction. (EXAMPLES: https://www.google.com.au/search?q=hydraulic+robot+arm&tbm=isch )
Balloons/bags/bellows are better.

Tips? Ideas? Known examples? Questions? I'm all ears
This project is in it's very early research stages.
What is this even called? "Direct Hydraulic Control" or something? i have no idea, could use some help with that too.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:13 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Sorry I can't be of assistance but...

I like the way you think!

View previous topic :: View next topic