Descent BB

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Descent BB Forum Index > Descent Multiplayer > Serving & PPS Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Red_Barchetta
Trainee

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:37 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I had set my server up to run at 14PPS, thinking this would increase accuracy in game play slightly (only 2 PPS more than the default 12). With modern bandwith available, this should not degrade performance by using up too much bandwidth. Is this really a problem as I had someone complain that it was causing them problems. Maybe those with higher ping?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:41 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Descent3, I presume?

One thing which you may need to look into whether your change is affecting AC's "minimum PPS" check (it boots players if they don't have their client set to at least the minimum PPS in the launcher).

DBB Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:16 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Anything over 12 gets ignored by the clients. Meaning that you could set the server PPS at 500, and all the clients would still be sending and receiving just 12. So if you use AC and set the minimum PPS to 14, nobody will be able to join the server.

There is a 30 PPS mod out there and with modern high bandwidth connections it should work fine for most people, but it was primarily developed for LANs.

(19:11) [D3k]Gooberman: pffft, I didnt get owned baal, you just got 60 lucky fusion shots
Red_Barchetta
Trainee

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:33 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I'm running the most current AC, had the server set to 14 pps, and 4 ppl in game. No kicks. Just someone making a comment about the non standard pps.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:35 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Oh, should have mentioned, all my served lvl's had been set to 14pps till the other day, and no kicks, no complaints. Just the one comment the other day. I have since set it back to 12pps.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 8:16 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

or maybe try switching the map to something that requires skill.
View previous topic :: View next topic