Descent BB

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Descent BB Forum Index > PTMC Saloon > Starting my own thread... Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Neo
[deleted]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:56 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Just because you supposedly know everything about computers, guns, cars, and food doesn't give you a good reason to be a self-important oompa-loompa. That is all.

Pro tip: there is more information that people need besides whatever you think is cool.

hey check this out: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/tact
Bunyip
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:36 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Heh.

Right back at you:

Start with http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/relevant and end with http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/coherent with a stop at http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/civility

<3

Neo
[deleted]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:24 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

LOL You just proved my point. Razz

My point isn't that I'm superior to you guys like pun and suncho would have you believe. >_>

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/foolish%20mortal

I don't think this link works though. 9_9
Bunyip
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:06 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I think the fact that you lack the ability to sense or understand irony and sarcasm is more the problem. <shrug> Speaking of self-important, how are things in Neo's land of "I don't get it so it's wrong"?

Wink

(hint: synonyms for civility include what word?)

Neo
[deleted]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:16 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

LOL

I'm starting to fear that you and I are the only ones left here. x_x
Money!
Ace

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:31 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Hey guys

damn you.
BUBBALOU
Insane!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:42 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Just wondering if Samus looks into his vanity mirror during every post in an attempt to gain acceptance ...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:25 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Medusa?

heh... well since this thread isn't really about anything I'll add something that actually requires a thought. xD

The game I play now is like the opposite of D3.

In d3 people hated me because they were actually skilled and because knew what they were talking about.

In this game they hate me because they're afraid that only I know. xD

In d3 people beat me because I was a n00b.

In this game they lose because they die thinking I'm a nuub. xD

In d3, elites would beat up on people they don't like with weapons that actually require skill, and they'd do it alone.

In the game I play now, they need 7 people to help them and still fail several times sometimes, and they do it with cheap tactics and overpowered weapons.

In D3, n00by weapons were frowned upon by people who had skillz.

In the game I play now, there are people who think they're good even when they use cheap stuff to win, and many can't even comprehend their own reasoning.

Sometimes I wonder if d3 would be better even though the netcode is the most annoying aspect of it.

Both games have people who hate me, and in my game not even the planes can roll. x_x both games were created by incompetent companies and they fell into obscurity. Both are dying (or dead) because people keep (kept) doing the same things; both groups didn't want to believe that's what was causing the problem.

So, you don't know what you got 'til it's gone. Better the demon you know than the demon you don't. See wut I did thare. I just gave that last one a new meaning. Razz

True story, bro!
Neo
[deleted]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:34 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I think there are people here who can see the antiparallelism and relate it to their own lives. It's not just about me.

Oh and bun, I never said everything that I don't understand is wrong. I do know that there are some who assumed I was a jerk and that I never cared to know. Do you even know why I never think it's funny?
Bunyip
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:53 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

So really, the common denominator is you, Neo.

Very interesting.

Neo
[deleted]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:20 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

lol I dunno wut the common denominator is; that's a very deep philosophical question. xD I just think it's pretty interesting. I was just trying to point out that the older I get, the worse things seem to get. x_x
Thorne
Ace

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:04 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I think the common-denominator is you, Neo. Razz Like my brother says, apathy is the most powerful tool in your arsenal if you know how to use it (or something to that effect). Also "hate" is kind of a strong word for the internet. People can't really hate you until they meet or know you. Up to that point anyone expending that much personal malice toward an unknown is just kind of ridiculous. Take a cue from Riggs on Lethal Weapon: maybe people on the internet don't care for what I think, but I'm still here and "I don't give a fuck". Razz

I laughed at the OP! Who gets the "Self-Important Oompa Loompa" custom title? Very Happy

DBB Staff

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:15 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Oompa Loompa doompadee doo
I've got another puzzle for you
Oompa Loompa doompa dah dee
If you are wise you'll listen to me
What do you get from a glut of TV?
A pain in the neck and an IQ of three
Why don't you try simply reading a book?
Or could you just not bear to look?

Neo
[deleted]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:21 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

You think I don't care? Well that explains why you won't get off my case. Razz It also depends on what it means to be the common denominator in this case... I would elaborate on my thoughts about it, but I guess no one wants me to explain.

I also just read something and I realized something that sheds a little light on our little "situation" here... but I'll keep quiet.
Neo
[deleted]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:45 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

You don't like my sense of humor and I don't like yours. Just because I'm an oddball doesn't mean "yours" is better. Razz I like who I am. I want to improve that and not a copy of you.
Bunyip
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:42 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Neo I think you missed the point again. In essence, Thorn said "Not caring is a powerful tool". You respond as if he'd accused you of not caring, when in fact I think he's saying the exact opposite. It's obvious that you care deeply... and that explains why people won't get off your case. It's ok to do your own thing, Neo - but if you want to be happy you need to understand that people are going to react to that - and be prepared to ignore their reactions if they're negative. I have a lot of respect for the fact that you continue to be the unique and challenging individual that you are, but not so much for the pity party.

Edit: Regarding the common denominator issue. Obviously you continually find yourself in situations where you are derided. On the one hand, welcome to the internet, that happens to everyone who opens their mouth. On the other hand either you are overreacting, or you are provoking a lot of what you experience. Or your overreactions provoke it. Or something. Not to be unbearably pithy, but allow me to once again quote Albert Einstein: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Either accept that you're going to get the reactions you do, or change the behavior. <shrug>

Neo
[deleted]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:56 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

You always miss my points but you don't see me complaining about it.
Bunyip
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:25 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

It is one thing to be good at talking - another to be skilled at CONVERSING.

Neo
[deleted]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:24 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

You guys never listen to me anyway.
Neo
[deleted]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:40 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

You all assume just because there are more of you than there are of me, that you're perfect.

Everyone is saying x, so x must be true.
Bunyip
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:03 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Neo wrote:
You all assume just because there are more of you than there are of me, that you're perfect.

Everyone is saying x, so x must be true.

No, Neo, no...that's not it at all. In fact, that's where you're being unforgivably stupid. "When in Rome, do as the Romans do" (or be treated as an outsider.) It's not about true or false or right and wrong, it's about you CHOOSING to be an outsider and then whining about it. Nobody, and I mean NOBODY respects a man who consistently and consciously chooses the most difficult route and then bemoans his poor fortune.

Man up or don Roman garb. Simple choice.

Neo
[deleted]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:22 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I can't change just to be like you. I never "manned down" >_> I just said I don't like the way most of you are. Razz People who hate me think things are "stupid" because they don't understand them.
Neo
[deleted]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:58 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

You guys always assume you already know what I'm doing and that you're "the good guys."

I never cared about necroposting or any other stupid rules or whether any of you think I'm funny or not.
Thorne
Ace

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:17 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I'll tell you something, Neo. I am one of the good guys. In fact I may be one of the heros of the story. Very Happy Bunyip is my arch-nemesis, but he has his good points. You have one thing right: I don't understand you. I don't see how that's my fault, with the cryptic, self-justifying posts you content yourself with. Bulletin boards are for communication, do it or don't, but doing it half-way and then faulting everyone else for not understanding you... Can't you just return to posting things that matter to you, and your opinion on discussions, and then when someone responds unfairly (knowing that it's going to happen) you either confront it ably, let it roll off your back, or decide that this isn't the place to be?

DBB Staff

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:07 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

It's not "changing to be like someone" it's "etiquette". OK, so we get that you don't feel like you should have to be polite. So why do you act surprised when people return the favor?

Thorne wrote:
Bunyip is my arch-nemesis

Lex Bunthor? Wink

THIS:
Thorne wrote:
...when someone responds unfairly (knowing that it's going to happen) you either confront it ably, let it roll off your back, or decide that this isn't the place to be?

Sage advice.

Neo
[deleted]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:09 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I already know who the good guys and the bad guys are, so if you're good, rest assured that I knew that already. ^_~

What if my rules are different than your rules? Smile
Bunyip
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:20 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Neo wrote:
What if my rules are different than your rules? Smile

Do I have to repeat myself or can you just go back and re-read my previous posts for the answer to this question?

Neo
[deleted]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:06 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I'm not surprised. It's just that I didn't expect anyone to assume that I'm trying to "break the rules."
Bunyip
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:06 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Neo, I think everyone knows you march to the beat of a different drummer. I think most are even ok with it. Except, you know, when you're being a jerk Smile

Neo
[deleted]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:29 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

No, you just THINK I was being a jerk.
Bunyip
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:55 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Wink

Neo
[deleted]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:26 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Look who's talking. Aren't you all the people who supposedly have thick skin? Then how can I be a jerk?
Bunyip
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:25 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

It's ok to be a jerk. Just don't whine about it when people are jerks back.

That is the entire point Smile

<3

Neo
[deleted]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:36 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I don't whine about it, I just think QQing about 2 off-topic posts is ridiculous.
Bunyip
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:14 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Joke 'em if they can't take a fuck.

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic