Descent BB

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Descent BB Forum Index > DBB Distributed Computing > Unified F@H Client Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grendel
Ninja Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:36 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Yay, welcome back ! Smile

DBB Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:09 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I can't believe were in the top 300 teams... That is crazy to me seeing how little people/participation we have

JBOMB - "kinda...cause after you smoke enough bowls you end up realizing you are both 2 idiots jumping around in front of a tv.."
Grendel
Ninja Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:41 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Cool

Quick heads-up, Nvidia driver 327.23 WHQL is out. Not sure it's a good driver yet, keeping an eye on this thread. "Official" word is that there will be a Beta driver w/ more fixes shortly... Rolling Eyes

2*pi*r

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:28 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Team PPD is dropping fast... Confused

DBB Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:42 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I don't get to move back into my house till Christmas time due to the asshole in the condo above me setting the building on fire. My place is gutted. I'll be back after the first on the year

JBOMB - "kinda...cause after you smoke enough bowls you end up realizing you are both 2 idiots jumping around in front of a tv.."
Grendel
Ninja Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:23 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Major Suckage !! Hope your stuff is ok.

I'm getting mostly core 15 WU's currently --> half the PPD :/

Ninja Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:00 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Grendel wrote:
I'm getting mostly core 15 WU's currently --> half the PPD :/

Heh, that's what happens when you don't pay attention -- core 17 went full fah. Taking down the "advanced" flags on my clients now, should fix it Smile

2*pi*r

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:04 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Ah, explains why my PPD jumped a bit. (I haven't had the "advanced" stuff set.)

DBB Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:01 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Looks like I can start to move some things in this coming weekend. I've completely rewired the whole house since all the drywall was out so I still have to build the network closet in the entry way. Maybe be back online in a few weeks.

STRESSTEST
DBB Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:51 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Should we be running advanced now? Seems like I am not putting up good numbers...

Grendel
Ninja Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:06 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Core 17 moved into "the wild", so I took advanced off my systems for stability. Before the server crash last week or so I did not get any C17 WU for months. Getting C17s ever since they fixed the server, no idea why. I'm sure that over time more C17 projects will fire up.

2*pi*r

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:13 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

*bump*

I'm back folding again ( can't fold during summer months, because my gaming/folding rig is in my loft, and just gets too hot ), and I'm getting ~30K PPD with my GTX 480.

Shouldn't I be getting more than that, or am I mis-remembering?

----

Secondary question: A guy here is offering me a GTX680+waterblock for ~$100... worth it, and if so, how much of a bump should I expect to get, folding-wise?

Ninja Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:25 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Welcome back ! Smile A 680 for $100 is definitely worth it. I get about 45k+ on a 660 IIRC (will double check on Mon, I got one folding at work.)

Edit: damn, got distracted at work w/ .. work. Wink Will try to remember to check tomorrow.

Ninja Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:06 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Current WU running on my GTX660:

- Core: 0x17
- Project: 13000 (119, 6, 76)
- Base Credit: 17123
- Estimated Credit: 51965
- Estimated PPD: 48828
- 58.4% done, ETA 10 hours 37 mins

2*pi*r

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:12 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Okay, cool. Thank you, Gren!

Ninja Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:21 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Did you ever get that 680 ? (I hope so, that was a great deal.. Wink )

2*pi*r

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:11 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Not yet, but I will, after some holiday financial obligations. Smile

2*pi*r

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:06 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

So I got the 680, and I'm folding on it now. Seems like some of the work units still end up in the ~30K PPD range, but others are getting me up to ~80K PPD. I'm happy. Cool

View previous topic :: View next topic