Descent BB

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Descent BB Forum Index > Descent Support > Stereo 3D for Descent 3 Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
3DWolf
Trainee

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:25 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

As most of you know there is no current way to play Descent 3 in stereo 3D with our modern equipment like 3DTV. At least not with NVidia 3D-Vision.

I thought that a graphics wrapper might help, like the GLDirect wrapper (OpenGL to DirectX) that works to give stereo 3D for Descent 1 & 2 Rebirth. But it doesn't work with Descent 3.
I asked the author of NGlide (Glide wrapper) why wrappers didn't work with Descent 3. He said the wrappers all use transformed vertices and that Nvidia 3D-Vision only uses untransformed vertices.

There are many open source wrappers out there, both Glide and OpenGL that convert to DirectX. But I'm afraid I don't know enough about graphics programming to get a project off the ground. Anyone out there more savvy than me about such things and might give it a go?

Anyone got any other ideas to make Descent 3 play in Stereo 3D with our modern systems?.
vitosky
Trainee

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:38 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Finally Descent 3 in 3d Vision Nvidia, Hooray!, Big thanks you to Stryker_66 an user of Nvidia 3D Vision forums, here the instructions to tweak the game:

1.) Since Descent can use different renderers, I enabled all three in the Descent 3 setup, but using the D3D Renderer.

2.) Download this archive http://www.mediafire.com/file/ldmtmegt8rhekqw/Descent+3+Dlls.rar and simply drop DDraw.dll & D3DImm.dll into the Descent 3 directory and download Nvidia Inspector: http://nvidia-inspector.en.lo4d.com

3.) I set the game up before I used the dlls and I also deleted the Descent 3 profile using nvidiaProfileInspector.exe. This will unlock convergence.
Go to this link for your resolution settings, there is a command line you can use
http://www.wsgf.org/dr/descent3

4.) Start Descent 3

5.) You can then Ctrl + T to enable 3D Vision and adjust your depth and convergence. I just played the training mission and everything seems fine. I have not tried any tweaks or mods but will explore that to improve the graphic fidelity. This game is a classic and because of the 3 dimensional space, this game is a great candidate to be played in 3D.

Of course the requirements for 3D Vision are the glasses and a 120-Hz 3d vision ready monitor, or you can use the 3D Vision Discover mode with a pair of Red/Cyan anaglyph glasses if you have a normal Lcd monitor 60-Hz.
View previous topic :: View next topic