Descent BB

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Descent BB Forum Index > Ethics and Commentary > Crosspost Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flip
Ace

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 10:08 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Figured Bunyip might appreciate this.

http://descentbb.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=19425
Bunyip
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 10:10 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Ah the yellow peril... and what have we here? Not a drive-by? Someone hack his account?

Flip
Ace

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 5:51 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

More like a heads-up or a get your dancing shoes on. Smile
Bunyip
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 5:10 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

prediction: fizzle.

Flip
Ace

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 6:15 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Really? It's like writing on the wall to me.
Bunyip
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 6:52 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Getcha some popcorn. We'll watch together.

Flip
Ace

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 6:59 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Heh, my thoughts exactly. You have to understand Chinese mentality to understand how they think. In their minds, we are the threat, so every move they make is to diminish us.
roid
Inane!

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 3:18 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

oh fuck off the chinese do NOT give a SHIT about you
You think this is some kinda nationalist ego compeition? You understand NOTHING about chiunese culdure
Who do you think you are
WAAAH WAAAAH SCREEN ALL MY MAIL COZ OSAMA-BIN-EVIL PERSONALLY SENT ME ANTRAX IN THE MAIL COZ I'M AMERICAN JERBSSSSS

last year i got an early morning phonecall from sopmeome speaking mandarin to me, they were all HELLO? HELLO? and although i apparently speak some mandarin i was all like... nope this is too early in teh morning godamn you woke me up. So though i understand what they are sayin i'm still all like "what? what?" in english. HAHA
fuck you i don't speak that shit before 10am. HOWE DID YOU EVEN GET MY NUMBER

i can't remember howto say abnything.
i think i can say "hello my name is XXXXX and i live in XXXX" lol, useless fuck.

It is allarmign however that they don't teach this shit in school much. Hopw many of you guys had mandarin or cantonese as an option in schoo? This is important. FIREFLY YOU GUYS
FIREFLY

The prev prime-minster of my country had could speak fluent Mandarin, even gave some talks to studenjts about how Chinese censorship was stupid while he was on-tour in China (or whatever you call it). They couldn't touch him coz he's like ... a visiting foriegn leader hello, haha. IT WAS IMPRESSIVE SHIT :O
(in america he woudl have been hung for being a communist lol, you insane fuckes)

To be honest, The only commodity China is interested in in America - is FATASSES.
CONSUME MASS QUANTITIES AMERICA. never change haha.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 3:45 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

/me pukes then points wildly and says "Mission Control, it seems we have a problem." Very Happy

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/world/containing-china/story-e6frg6ux-1226359179558
roid
Inane!

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 3:48 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

yeah that's basically how i interpret nationalistic antagonistic bullshit assumptions in post form: "oh look another wingnut tool"

my 3 armed jumper knitted in a drunken stupor will always make more sense than your Murdoch inspired puke, anyday.

edit: interesting, you editing in a link after the fact.
did you even read my post before you edited that in? MURDOCK OWNS THE AUSTRALIAN

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 3:54 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Yeah, it seems your a minority though, that could make you the wingnut. Ever thought about that? Huh? HUH?
roid
Inane!

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 3:57 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Murdock owns The Australian, Murdock's rags predictably tow the line.
or they get fired

VWOOP VWOOP VWOOP
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:News_Limited
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:News_Corporation_subsidiaries
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_assets_owned_by_News_Corporation
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rupert_Murdoch
familiarise yourself with the Conservative media landscape

edit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discovery_Institute
If i include that, then it's possible i've just touched on everything within 1 degree of separation of everything you've ever read that has influenced your worldview.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 4:14 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I'll read them. So far, everywhere I've looked, this is a growing threat with China making one aggressive move after another. I don't need no fuckin newspaper to tell me what I'm already thinking, but they do help confirm or deny the thought Wink
roid
Inane!

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 4:21 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

you come from an American mindset where you are used to your country pushing it's weight around the world, and you think it's normal.

When another country pushes around, you're not sure howto react to that. I guess you freak the fuck out.
So ok. Do that. Watch as the rest of the world rolls their eyes.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 4:38 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

No one freaking out here but you. I'm not sweating this shit at all, except for the mindless rubes that predominately occupy the earth. I myself am adaptive and will either live or die, but don't think of me in your stereotypical small-minded way. I aint scared of shit, the only difference between people like you and me then, will be I saw it coming a mile away. You'll be shitting in your probably way to baggy pants Smile
Flip
Ace

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 4:44 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vigilance

This a dirty word now Roid? Or you prefer this?

Alertness is the state of paying close and continuous attention, being watchful and prompt to meet danger or emergency, or being quick to perceive and act. It is related to psychology as well as to physiology. A lack of alertness is a symptom of a number of conditions, including narcolepsy, attention deficit disorder, chronic fatigue syndrome, depression, Addison's disease, or sleep deprivation Wink
roid
Inane!

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 5:08 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

you said that Chinese mentality is that America is the threat, that's the nonsense i take exception to. This IT'S ALL ABOUT ME! narcissism that American nationalists have.
You are no threat to China.
Why would they give a fuck about you
They're doing their own shit.

and that's a picture of an Emu, not an Ostrich.
It's wise to avoid mis-identifying your Ratites, it can be a lethal mistake.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 5:17 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

China has been historically very insular, and that mindset doesn't seem to have changed much. They don't much care about goings-on in gwailo-land as long as they are left alone. Us barbarians have no relevance to them except as markets etc. Thus my skepticism.

Flip
Ace

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 5:44 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Quote:
and that's an emu.

Wink

It's not supposition I'm going by, It's all the direct comments coming from Chinese officials. In fact, I think I quoted someone as sayingthat China is not threatened by anyone, why would they be? It was said that they are just advocating a different way. Managed capitalism under one party authoritarianism. It may very well be the direction the rest of the world takes.
China is not preparing for war except in the sense they have altogether protected themselves from being attacked. Yet, they are also declaring supreme sovereignty over all resources in their region, and then by proxy, all those others that feel they are sovereigh themselves, Such as Taiwan, Phillippines, Vietnam, Korea...etc. In otherwords, "don't bite the hand that feeds you."

With China and Russia both possessing direct railway trade with Europe, we will eventually become useless to those around us. There will be a Russia-China-India coalition with direct trade routes into Europe.

Then add the fact that China did not sign the Outer Space treaty, and feels well within their rights to "militarize space", as another move to ensure their own survival and way of doing business. All these moves they have made recently have ensured their dominance in almost all keys areas. If you don't think I have respect for that, you are wrong. The Chinese are very good at flattery, they make a guest feel so welcome, that to even bring up delicate matters would seem insulting and rude. They are of the most wise, secular wisdom that exists. They have many years of compounded wisdom, and the only nation on earth able to muster a 200 million man army, tomorrow. It's the "managed capitalism under one party authoritarianism" that spooks me.

EDIT: Let's just say China no longer feels the US is a threat Wink
roid
Inane!

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 5:57 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

i wouldn't worry too much about that. In my opinion, the much talked about Chinese style/way/path capitalism is just Han propaganda with nothing of enduring substance to back it up, pay it no mind. The insidious influence of Capitalism and playing with global markets will force them more and more down the path they have already been going down the whole time - towards liberal democracy. IMO there will be little stopping the inevitable shift China's been going under, short of the landscape changing and shaking things up politically/ideologically in ways we havn't forseen.

...And the space thing may actually change that landscape.

To be honest China not signing the space treaty is good. It's been holding humanity back from nuclear powered space propulsion which is very important, and i wish other space-faring nations would bow outof the treaty too. If it wasn't for that treaty - we may be a space-fairing species by now with entire cities in space (The "Super" Nuclear Orion technology proposal can literally launch an entire city into space all at once).

ps: i must have been still editing my previous post with emu/osterich/cassowary information when you replied.
Dain-jah dain-jah dain-jah
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YA58sS3x2Oo

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 6:11 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

ROFL, LMAO. Mean SOB's! Imagine if that thing could live 600 years Razz
Flip
Ace

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 6:24 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Quote:
i wouldn't worry too much about that. In my opinion, the much talked about Chinese style/way/path capitalism is just Han propaganda with nothing of enduring substance to back it up, pay it no mind

Huh? Much talked about? Please expound Smile
roid
Inane!

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 7:24 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

"Capitalism with Chinese characteristics" was the often used phrase.
It seems it was the title of a popular 2008 economics book, which must be why i heard so much of it.

Anyway, the phrase always struck me as sinocentric, like "oh Capitalism here in China will be so different to non-Chinese Capitalism because of our inherent Han superiority". I dunno if that was the actual message, once things get a bit racist my "is this actually worth listening to?" meter gets overly testy.

Oh btw, in my search for the eventual title phrase of this post, i came across this which seems poignant. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/China%27s_peaceful_rise

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 8:30 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Things are not always as they appear though.

Quote:
The PRC policy toward Taiwan is since 2005 determined by the Anti-Secession Law, which states that Taiwan should be united with mainland China, preferably by peaceful means, but in case Taiwan should formally declare independence or refuse to submit, PRC will use force.[3]

Taiwan first, Philippines next? This idea of "soft power" reads more like "overwhelming strength" to me with threats throughout the region of force if their demands are not met. The Chinese are generally forward-thinking and circumspect. I do not think this aggressive world-wide, even into the outer atmosphere expansion of China's will stop. I've said before there will be no war. What will happen is the sudden realization of the vastness of China's "soft power", that all concerned will just surrender to it, peacefully Wink
roid
Inane!

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 7:43 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I say Alliance, you hear Surrender.
Don't you think your us-VS-them worldvision is kinda fucked up, antagonistic and belligerent?
USA is a soft power, did they conquer the world or did we all just kinda build alliances, keep calm, and carry on?

Can't we all just... get along? And drink bubble tea?

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 8:50 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I count the US as the guilty party. The oligarchs here went around years ago coercing the rest of the world into this "New World Order", but what they could never accomplish was getting China to go along. They remained separate which gives tham great bargaining power and the catbirds seat. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe China is a great place to live but their temperment is obvious.
Woodchip
Ace

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 8:03 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I suspect if this were the mid 30's, Roid would be exclaiming how there is nothing to be concerned about the Germans.
Bunyip
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 4:12 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I am pretty sure there's nothing to worry about from China myself. I kinda like the whole "being prepared just in case I'm wrong" thing though.

Flip
Ace

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 7:33 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

We have a winner!! It seems like some people are just afraid to let their minds go. I like to think myself and if it gets unpleasant, I will tell myself "If this ever happens, you need to do this" and then I move on. Simple Smile
Flip
Ace

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 7:41 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-wYQRsNOds&feature=related
View previous topic :: View next topic