Descent BB

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Descent BB Forum Index > Hobby Lobby > Some new glass (April/May 2012) Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thorne
Ace

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:19 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Make one that you can spin in order to get the pulsating effect! No pulsating no deal! Wink

Ace

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:29 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Heh, well in all honesty, you could get the same effect with the invuln as you do in the game but getting those rings on that sphere(and looking nice) is gonna be a feat in itself.
Krom
DBB Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:13 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Perhaps some animated gif examples would be useful?

(19:11) [D3k]Gooberman: pffft, I didnt get owned baal, you just got 60 lucky fusion shots
Bunyip
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:29 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

ok just finishing up my commissioned pieces, need to hit the oxy store first but then we'll start playing.

I have some ideas on that invuln, we will see...the one with the 2 rings is tricky, but probably doable. The one with the pulsating center...will not pulsate but otherwise it's within the realm of possible.

Flip
Ace

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:37 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Thanks Krom! I googled for some images like that for about 15 minutes before giving up. If you can manage them Bunbun, I'll take one of each.
Bunyip
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:34 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

First things first: Shieldy-looking ones first... Wink

Krom
DBB Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:18 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Flip wrote:
Thanks Krom! I googled for some images like that for about 15 minutes before giving up. If you can manage them Bunbun, I'll take one of each.

I gave up after about 20 seconds, loaded up DTX, extracted the actual images from the game assets and then converted them to gif images myself... Razz

(19:11) [D3k]Gooberman: pffft, I didnt get owned baal, you just got 60 lucky fusion shots
Flip
Ace

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:28 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

DTX Huh? Razz Never heard of it!

For those that lack reading comprehension(bunboy), one of each includes the shieldy thingys Smile
Bunyip
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:45 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

LOL! My comprehension is fine - thanks Smile

Flip
Ace

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:09 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Well, it's kinda like penis size, if you gotta say it, it probably aint true Razz
Bunyip
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:24 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Oh, how cute, you're being condescending... (that's when you talk down to people).

Flip
Ace

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:24 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Very Happy Just hackin on ya. That's when you find somebody's weak points and use it against them. LOL Razz
Bunyip
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:31 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

LOL... touché...or should I say, douché...

I can take it, no worries. As much as I dish it out, I'd better be able to..

Update: Everything is mailed out, so I should be able to get some production over then next week or so. =)

Flip
Ace

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:39 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Heh, douche'. I always insist Wink. What kind of prices are we looking at for these?
Bunyip
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:01 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Prices are going to be in the $25.00 to $60.00 range per item, not including shipping, which I will get back to you on but I think it will be around $6.00 provided everything fits in a USPS small flat rate box.

Once I've made a few I'll have a better idea - prototypes always take longer and feel more difficult and involved than a finished concept - but size is gonna matter.

Flip
Ace

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:15 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Straight up honest, I'm gonna be hard pressed to pay $60 bucks for a marble. I was thinking, maybe, maybe I'd pay 20 bucks a piece. Just letting you know before you put too much time into it.
Bunyip
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:23 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Look up handmade art glass marbles sometime. Smile So I can count you out then? I know the natty lite gets expensive.

Foil
2*pi*r

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:28 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I may be budgetarily limited to just one for now (probably another in a month or so), but given the design time and labor, I'd say $60/sphere is extremely reasonable.

Ace

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:36 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Not out altogether, but limited for sure. I'd like to see what you come up and I'm not trying to disparage your artwork at all, just being realistic. If I spend 60 bucks on a marble I better be able to lick it and see all the pretty colors too Razz. Get some hard figures for me, because that is gonna determine if i get all 3 or have to pick just one. I'm definitely down for at least one, but they got to look better than the ones you've shown so far. Orbs that is, some of those pendants I WOULD pay 60 bucks for.
Bunyip
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:34 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Relax on the price thing, it's gonna be ok. If you pay $60.00 for something I make, you're going to love it. Enough said for now - sit tight for a few more days - hopefully I can get to the oxy store, but first, I need new tires on mah truck. That takes priority Smile

Foil
2*pi*r

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:33 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Foil wrote:
Take as much time as you need, B, I can wait. Cool

DBB Staff

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:24 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

OK I got a chance to melt some glass last evening. I'll post pictures later. I did two shield orbs, in very different styles. I think what's going to end up happening is that I throw my failed experimental pieces in with purchased orbs...

We'll see.

Tonight I'm going to try a couple invulns and see how they come out. I only have a coupla hours a night, but the orb is rolling Wink

I think I'll start a new thread for the orbs once I get pix.

TTFN Wink

Foil
2*pi*r

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:02 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Lookin' forward to the pics! I'd like to see what you mean by, "very different styles". Cool

DBB Staff

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:45 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Here's a teaser, the top two are from last night, the bottom are older. The largest piece is 31 mm (just under 1.25"). The one on the top left is an experiment and a good proof of concept, check out the depth on the lines, but I think I can improve upon it, and the one on the top right I'm pretty happy with but it's pretty much just a linear descendent of the others.

clickee for bigee, click again for realee biggee

So Foil, how big do ya want yours?

Foil
2*pi*r

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:09 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Nice!

If I were to pick out exactly what I wanted, it would be:

* About the size of the 31mm (or even a bit larger, if that still works with your process).
* Colored like the top-right, but with gray or bright-white instead of that tan/yellowish.

Count me in for at least large one for now. Cool

Big Jilm

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:19 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Yip count me in sight unseen.(errrr unheld whatever). Pm me an Addie and the name you want on a cashiers check and I will send it out next Mondayish when I get time.

Just pm me how much to send including the shipping and the name you want on the check. I will want two of them and surprise me as to the type.

Just give it a few days to clear since I am having trouble getting the water marks just right.... ( I Kidd I Kidd but still want the glass)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:25 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Gotta be honest, I like the bottom one the best.

Still waiting on availability and I'll take that bottom one too.

JBOMB - "kinda...cause after you smoke enough bowls you end up realizing you are both 2 idiots jumping around in front of a tv.."
Bunyip
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:06 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

One of my ideas is to make some like the bottom one... but with glow in the dark 'lectricity. Glow glass costs like 100/LB but you're worth it - and I already have some Wink

STRESSTEST
DBB Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:54 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Smile

My skull is lonely

JBOMB - "kinda...cause after you smoke enough bowls you end up realizing you are both 2 idiots jumping around in front of a tv.."
Bunyip
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:48 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Only had time to make a prototype Invuln this evening. I uploaded it to FB and tagged every D3 player on my list so if you want to see it, stalk D3 players or look me up, I think it's public Wink

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic