Descent BB

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Descent BB Forum Index > Ethics and Commentary > Romney or Obama? Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Romney or Obama?
Romney
75%
 75%  [ 9 ]
Obama
25%
 25%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 12

Zuruck
Ace

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:12 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Ok, I'm sorry, I mean a politician that isn't crazy. I like Ron Paul and some of his ideas sound nice, but he's stuck in 1875. Fixing this country does not involve going backwards.
Bunyip
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:44 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Maybe not going back to 1875 but good lord could we please trim some of the FAT we've accumulated since then?

Zuruck
Ace

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:43 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Absolutely.

I say start with having troops in 127 countries. Maybe the stealth destroyers that cost 3 billion a pop.
Thorne
Ace

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:17 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

You may scorn the extremity of some of Ron Paul's ideas, but I don't see that ANYONE else is interested in doing nearly enough trimming of the fat. They all pretty much accept similar versions of the status quo, only disagreeing on various points of popular dispute. And Ron Paul is interested in constitutionality, and limited government. I don't see it getting much better than that. I say we hire him for 4 years and go from there. Wink

Ace

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:28 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I'm going to vote for Obama, because I'm a Bay Area California Democrat, and that's how we vote.

Edit: And, I'm headed to the doc tomorrow, and the visit wouldn't be covered if it wasn't for Obama.

damn you.
MD-2389
Insane!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:19 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Avder wrote:
This poll should have had an "other" choice for those of us who want to give the middle finger to the two headed D'n'R dragon.

Need BOTH parties out of power.

For the record, they're both the same party. Doesn't matter if you vote for dem or repub, you're going to get the same bullshit.
Thorne
Ace

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:00 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Better stated, I think, would be that their differences are in areas which aren't truly integral to government, and their' similarities in areas which are will ultimately lead to a less free society and less satisfaction in government for any individual who is truly an individual--who isn't just buying into all of this shallow, mindless, we-are-the-world, health-care-is-a-right, feel-good, new-age crap, while pursuing whatever form of social or non-social diversion it is they pursue instead of being responsible adults and being involved in their community.

That's really the difference that Ron Paul brought to politics in the last 8 years: no one else has had the balls to get us to step back, in the face of problems that we all complain about to various degrees, and talk about what kind of government we ought to have, instead of what kind of privileges and taxes we're going to vote into office, or whether we like or feel we can identify with the candidate as a person. These candidates either naively or maliciously lie to our face about being able to fix problems largely caused by the assumptions that we as a nation and they as career politicians have bought into--problems caused by ideals and institutions which it seems they are sworn even more solemnly to protect than the Constitution of the United States.

DBB Staff

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:38 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

All of Obama's ads are him saying word-for-word the exact same shit he said in '08. I WAS AT THE DNC IN DENVER. IT'S LIKE GROUNDHOG DAY. You had a lot more momentum in 08 buddy. We just endured 8 years of BUSH...Obama winning in 08 was seemingly certain. I still think he'll win this year, but whereas in 08 it centered around getting the youth and first-time-voters like me to "believe" in government again, this year it's about "Well the other guy...he's just an asshole." It's like he knowingly went for the lesser of two evils argument. WAY TO MAKE ME EVEN MORE CYNICAL BARACK. I really needed that. Romney only wins if all the crazies hit the polls. It's like the anti-08.

I have no reason to trust Romney. He's a man born into wealth, who lived in wealth, and will favor those with wealth. Why would I believe he would give a fuck about people he built a career around stepping on, when it only profits him to continue taking money from the people that really run the show.

But either way, I refuse to vote. When legalization of marijuana is on the Colorado state ballot this November, I'll vote for that. I'll vote for issues in my locality. But never again participating in the farce that is the National "elections"

Just pick a fucking corporation and be done with it. America - brought to you by General Electric, President of the United States. Though when they win, I guess they could just be President Electric? President General is a bit contradictory.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:18 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

What ever happened to all the hope and change the President promised? Would Sarah Palin have done it better? Where is the economic recovery?

roid wrote:
it is possible to vote 3rd (4th, 5th, 6th, etc) party right? do that thing.
Better than not voting.

It says you're prepared to vote for what you want, but you don't see what you want.
Better than saying you're not prepared to vote and never will be coz god damn democracy is so hard

You're basically taking in everything that is told to you and spitting it back out. In school we're urged to vote and conduct mock elections and meetings and we're warned about "anarchy"; Americans are forced to recite the pledge of allegiance until the entire class starts wondering "why the heck are we doing this?" Even rock stars urge us to vote, other people we interact with do too. I'd rather keep my sovereignty than give it to lying criminals.
Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic