Descent BB

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Descent BB Forum Index > Descent Support > In game server Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Norcimo
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:01 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Hi
I can't host in game servers. I mean I can, but the trackers won't show them.
D3 server didn't helped either. Sad
It's not firewall, stopped it. Nothing helped.

What can I do?
Krom
DBB Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:27 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

It's probably your NAT router, you need to forward the D3 ports to your machine to make hosting servers work.

Instructions for port forwarding on most routers (and the basic concept of what port forwarding is) can be found here:
http://www.portforward.com/

The relevant port for Descent 3 is usually: 2092 (but can be changed).
The port needed for your server to show up on a relevant tracker is usually: 27900 (but can also be changed).
Use the D3 Server tool to change these ports if you want too, since I don't recommend doing it manually these days.

(19:11) [D3k]Gooberman: pffft, I didnt get owned baal, you just got 60 lucky fusion shots
Norcimo
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:08 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I'll try it when I'll have some time...

Thank you very much.

To be continued...
View previous topic :: View next topic