Descent BB

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Descent BB Forum Index > Descent Multiplayer > Multiplayer is dead Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Neo
[deleted]

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 3:47 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Only bots are playing.
Foil
2*pi*r

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 10:40 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Stick around, or jump in a game. People will eventually join.

(I'm hoping to make a little time for some gaming tonight, myself.)

DBB Staff

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 10:45 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Multiplayer is dead!
Long live Multiplayer!!!

Neo
[deleted]

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 5:02 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

lolwut™

reinstalling.... I might wrangle up some ghud harred bots
TheWhat
Insane!

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 6:27 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Distortion V1.1 is super fun. I just played it (because I can't get laid in toofless convention), I was impressed super entertaining.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:52 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

don't mistake multi is dead just cause i have a 60 hr work week now
foo!
Behemoth
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:49 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I sorry my children, ill try to join you little guys again soon to make sure things like this arent said
Grampa
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:34 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I found my dentures, maybe I can play D3 again without my cane Very Happy
Money!
Ace

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:57 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Fiend wrote:
don't mistake multi is dead just cause i have a 60 hr work week now
foo!

Mine's only 50.. feel for you fiend

damn you.
Bunyip
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:09 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I only work 7-5 meself. Poor fiendy.

[TA]Kracon
Trainee

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:50 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I had nothing but Issues on Win XP. Now that Im on Win7- I wonder if d3 will work for me again. Razz

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:31 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

plenty of time again!
Hattrick
Hog Whisperer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:10 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

So, I've been getting the yearning again. I'll have to go find D3 somewhere though. I gave my last copy away years ago and lost the HD I had it on.

[deleted]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:17 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Last time I played I got seasick for the first time. lol
Mickey1
Hotshot

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:11 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

You would have one more player if someone could help me fix my system. I haven't played in two years. I might be able to pay in small installments. You could even get a few laughs at my expense. Still haven't found a job. Most employers don't want a hairy 65 year old bi-polar with PTSD and OSA.
Vauss you later.
Mickey1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:07 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

#1 What's wrong with your system? Software or Hardware? I have lots of spare bits and pieces of hardware. Most of us could probably build entire spare computers from junk that we're going to get around to throwing away some day (I have a voodoo 5 card set up in a working PC, for example)

#2 I thought you were a maker. Make something and market it on the internet. Then you're not bound by the economy. Target essentials rather than conveniences - or target very high end. Somehow those people never run out of money to spend.

Neo
[deleted]

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:50 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

heh... I dunno if I want to play again. That netcode gets on my nerves more than any troll. I can't even imagine how annoyed Xeon was when we tried it again a few years back. Oh, well.

"You hit them and they die." that would be more fun. Descent 3 reminds me of Counter-Strike 1. Razz
Smotie
The Wombat

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:13 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Can I play on Windows 7?
Bunyip
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:06 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Should install and run no problem.

Grendel
Ninja Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:01 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Check this (on the other DBB) out.

[deleted]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:54 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

This game died out because there weren't enough good players left to challenge each other, because they got tired of playing the same levels. I eventually got tired of playing bots and new players; the flaws with this game made the learning curve even worse.
Grendel
Ninja Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:10 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Check out Retrovirus.

[deleted]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:39 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I want to play a real game, not vaporware. I hope new people will play it too, not just the same hive of scum and villainy.
Grendel
Ninja Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:08 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

It's a real game, has real support, players, and costs even real money. $20 on Steam. Look again.

DBB Staff

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:31 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Ooooooh Neo got busted... Shocked

Maybe he LIKES egg on his face. I have a feeling I know how he's going to defend his lapse, too.

WinkPrediction, Neo will vilify Steam.

Neo
[deleted]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:34 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

lol.. Hey, if I don't like it as much as Descent, I won't play it. Razz

apparently you have egg on yours now too. Razz
Bunyip
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:34 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

You can do better than that & I think you know it Wink

I need to buy retrovirus myself and try it out...

Neo
[deleted]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:58 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I won't play it. I miss the sci-fi theme of yesteryear. I like the cutesy idea of being an antivirus program like Reboot, but that isn't something I wanted out of this. Graphics look pretty good though for what the game is.
Bunyip
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:53 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Have you tried it or did you just decide you don't like it?

Neo
[deleted]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:53 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Don't get me wrong, I think it would be a fun game... but the lack of things that attracted me to the genre in the first place would just eat away at me.
View previous topic :: View next topic