Descent BB

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Descent BB Forum Index > Ethics and Commentary > What is the purpose of life? Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zuruck
Ace

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:20 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Me have this knowledge? No, I work for a place that I can't stand making just enough to not starve and enjoy one or two adult beverages on the weekend. It's a lovely cycle. The question asked is what's the purpose of life. For me, it's to fuck bitches. Perhaps for you Bun it's to save the world, I don't know. I'm not an example to others because I don't give one shit what you do with your life. It's yours, have fun with it.

I come here because it's the only place I can type a mindless post while using a fleshlight and jerking off to the newest lady gaga cd. It's actually quite nice.
TheWhat
Insane!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:07 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Zuruck wrote:
I come here because it's the only place I can type a mindless post while using a fleshlight and jerking off to the newest lady gaga cd. It's actually quite nice.

I haven't corked off in almost a month. I wouldn't fuck a flashlight though. To each his own I guess.
Hey! If you want to conduct bible study on a videogame message board for the next 12 years let me know. If we convert just one person, we have made a difference... we won't be perceived as arrogant and fuckin' delusional or anything.

What do you think of this hunk of meat? because we are misogynist and lets kowtow to all females because they were born that way and such is life boohoo, BOW you garsh darn dawg.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:30 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Zuruck wrote:
Oh and Grendel, I never asked to be an example for you or anyone else.

Sorry, wasn't ment as such. Supposed to be a jab to the discussion above plus an added statement for the thread.

(Tried to make that more clear via edit.)

[deleted]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:29 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Bunyip wrote:
I will quote the master, because if there is a "purpose" of life - this is it:

"A zygote is a gamete's way of producing more gametes. This may be the purpose of the universe" - R.A.H.

Real American Hero? lol

Quote:
In an article in Isaac Asimov's Science Fiction Magazine, October 1984 edition, Dr. Tom Rainbow wrote an interesting article. One of his premises was that we are slaves, robots if you will, with the sole purpose of perpetuating the existence of a billion year old life form which we call "DNA". He goes on to discuss immortality, or the lack thereof, in that context. Very interesting stuff.

In reality - I think that my answer, while technically accurate in some ways, is less than responsive...

Actually I think it's more than responsive but have it your way. Razz

Quote:
I believe that human life has no purpose beyond that with which we ourselves imbue it. Each individual makes a choice - whether to pursue their spiritual perfection, or to see to more earthy delights - or some measure of both. If I were to sum up what the purpose of life SHOULD be, however, I would say this:

Love without jealousy. Live without hate. Do no harm to others. Create beauty. Add to the sum total of joy - do not subtract from it. Work to end suffering without restricting the freedoms of others.

I don't agree with the first paragraph; I agree with the second paragraph; I value your opinion (No I'm not Dilbert's boss. Smile)

Do not deny free will, do not allow free will to be denied. Do you walk the path of the open palm or the closed fist?

Quote:
And if you believe in religion, don't think your religion allows you to violate the above with people who disagree with you or you don't get to go to the see the spirit in the sky.

Tough words to live by - talking the talk is easy but walking the walk? I fail daily.

You can succeed ♥

Jess wrote:
the purpose of the Woman

Based on zuruck's logic (or the lack thereof), the purpose of the female human is to become strong enough to say NO ^_~ Physically too, so if zuruck doesn't NO what Know means, then give him a Daemon-stration ^_~

Just kidding, z

The purpose of the Lady™ is to save herself from extinction and to give and accept hugz with a stress tensor of low magnitude(s). ^_~ Or avoid them with grace. I know I will. ~_~

But seriously, folks, the Woman® is the keeper of the know-ledge, the Logos, the master of memory. She can delete memories and make them known to man. In her are all the creative powers and the Vision.

Call these self-substantiation. ^_~
TheWhat
Insane!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:23 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Happy Easter Ya'll.
I was hanging out with black people last night I guess I have the right to say "Ya'll".
If you you have a shred of respect for Jesus, eat a fuckin' ham or something. What are you doing? I'm pissed. I get bank holidays off and this on a sunday. I want my free money for your happy day.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:36 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I believe that the purpose of life is to learn about God's love and grace and to share it with the people around us. I also believe that God is preparing us for the afterlife, that he has given each of us a unique set of gifts and our ability to use those gifts in the afterlife will be enhanced by our experiences here.

Regards guys,
Paul

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:23 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

thats cool. im sure you are a nice guy. next.

**I'm not picking on you Ice. Cool to see you post.
Why are humans editing "The word of god"? I read the bible. I want to know why the fuck some board of white dudes get to decide what is published. God fuckin said it why is some jackass cutting it up?

It's a legit question. Who are these people that get to decide what I read? Fuck Koolbear and his blue on black. Who are these people and why does some crankhead from the middle of no where get to type about things he will never know about?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:45 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

bahaha...owned.
Neo
[deleted]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:22 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Yeah you did get owned. Smile

TheWhat wrote:
Happy Easter Ya'll.
...What are you doing?

Eating a ham.

Yes, it's a legit question. Your attitude usually isn't though (apparently) which is why people usually don't answer your questions.
The real reason I don't want to answer it is because I might start a debate, and the answer is for you, not me.
TheWhat
Insane!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:09 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Changes nothing.
Answer the question. It's important, my attitude doesn't matter. How is anyone on this planet supposed to take you seriously? It's like you are wearing colors of your favorite basketball team. Allegiance.

Answer the question. You can't.

WHY IS THERE PEOPLE EDITING THE WORD OF GOD?

now say I'm drunk, angsty, bitter, and whatever the fuck else to take your eyes off the prize. Answer the question, you can't, and here is your stupid smiley face 0|o~

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:50 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Yeah it's a valid question, all I can say is to judge the "edited" text. I'd say it would be more accurate to say somethings were lost in translation,because even in the "edited" version, I can not find any contradictions between the 40 or so authors. Hell, I wish I could find 40 people who were in complete, and total agreement with me >: ).

EDIT: No I take that last statement back. Not in agreement with me, correction is good for the soul Smile.
TheWhat
Insane!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:11 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

i'll flip your pancakes, flip.
but it's a straight up answer... even if it falls short. i have no idea what's going on either, but i'm not making laws and hurting people because of my misguided "convictions".

*hey wait! the white dude board of directors of the gospel told me to hate faggots and muslims and im a xenophobe! but we really don't hate them... we are forgiving them! let's talk down to people all day!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:08 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Hey man, you'll get no argument from me there. I've had more conflict with believers than unbelievers all day long. At least most unbelievers have an open mind these days. I've seen it takes years for some believers to conform to the obvious. It's all a matter of bad teaching I guess. That's why I always say that every man is a liar. Even myself. Judge the collection of writings for itself in it's current state and bypass every dipshit in the world that thinks he has it all figured out. That way no one can lie to you.
Flatlander
Hotshot

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:15 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Flip wrote:
Yeah it's a valid question, all I can say is to judge the "edited" text. I'd say it would be more accurate to say somethings were lost in translation,because even in the "edited" version, I can not find any contradictions between the 40 or so authors. Hell, I wish I could find 40 people who were in complete, and total agreement with me >: ).

EDIT: No I take that last statement back. Not in agreement with me, correction is good for the soul Smile.

o rly?
TheWhat
Insane!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:39 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Flip wrote:
Hey man, you'll get no argument from me there. I've had more conflict with believers than unbelievers all day long. At least most unbelievers have an open mind these days. I've seen it takes years for some believers to conform to the obvious. It's all a matter of bad teaching I guess. That's why I always say that every man is a liar. Even myself. Judge the collection of writings for itself in it's current state and bypass every dipshit in the world that thinks he has it all figured out. That way no one can lie to you.

an honest man.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:54 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Flatlander, let me just say this. I did nothing more but glance over your link. All I can say is how I came to accept it. I had the benefit I think of picking the bible up at a very early age (6). Because of that, it made it very hard to have peaceful discussions with my parents at the dinner table >Smile. If you give it an honest look, and take the whole of it combined, without any external input other than your own reasoning, you'll see that they are not contradictions at all. Believe me, when I found one I thought to be, I went after it.
TheWhat
Insane!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:09 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

i just think its fun to drop great american bombs 12 years later. I think its cool at least Flip has any level of sack. You want me to be sorry I dont observe your pig white fuck american bible?

did you know my section 8 moms in 1982 is a black lesbian atheist? i believe in god more than she does. she GD, i licked her daughter that was a princess I hope that I dont eat lead because I typed that. hehee :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:06 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Honestly, what that to me TheWhat? I f you think your gonna shock me your mistaken, I worked on a many framing crew with many more hard core bastards than you've ever met. I accept people exactly as they are, and live my life the way I see fit. It makes sense though, doesn't it?
Flatlander
Hotshot

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:27 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Flip wrote:
Flatlander, let me just say this. I did nothing more but glance over your link. All I can say is how I came to accept it. I had the benefit I think of picking the bible up at a very early age (6).

I think I can beat ya there, age-wise Razz

But whatever, pardon the interruption Very Happy
TheWhat
Insane!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:32 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Flip wrote:
Honestly, what that to me TheWhat? I f you think your gonna shock me your mistaken, I worked on a many framing crew with many more hard core bastards than you've ever met. I accept people exactly as they are, and live my life the way I see fit. It makes sense though, doesn't it?

No doode.
This my wifes first name. I'm such a badass I can say my wifes first name. and the dick can PM me calling me Adam. I hope you choke on yourself. The world is a funny place. get away from me jack ass presume. whats your wifes name, are you serious? not only is that a security risk. I dont give a fuck. why would you do that? I just put you on my I wont know you list. What an an asshole.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:07 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Uhm, uh, hmm NM. Weirdo Razz
Thorne
Ace

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:34 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I still say TheWhat is part of a government sponsored program to take topics in spirited circles and then lead nowhere. If there's one thing I've learned by taking Adam too seriously it is that the rabbit hole is only just deeper than is readily apparent, and there is bullshit at the bottom.

DBB Staff

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:36 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Thorne: There is no spoon.

Neo
[deleted]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:45 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Adam, who cares if people don't take me seriously? There's only one person who knows I am sirius, and He is not of this whirled. You should be asking God these questions, not men. People are unscrupulous. That's the short answer... I'm not into witchcraft, so I shouldn't have to spell that out for you.

I created this thread so people could share their viewpoints on the purpose of the whirled. This isn't supposed to be a debate thread. Please take your aggression elsewhere.
Zuruck
Ace

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:14 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Case in point, took a pretty girl out last night. We had some drinks, laughed a bit, she blew me in my Jeep at the end of the night. She had fun, I had fun, what's the problem?
Flip
Ace

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:38 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Just give it a few days and you'll know if there's a problem or not Razz.
Zuruck
Ace

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:12 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Meh, she couldn't give me anything that I don't already have / want.
TheWhat
Insane!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:45 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Neo wrote:
Adam, who cares if people don't take me seriously?

Ok. Don't use my name I have never met you and don't know you. If I have met you and you are being cute, I still don't want to know you. "Neo".

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:01 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

The meaning of life is telling people in a dead video game your first name (like i didn't) and your wifes name. It will be a trip. Even if someone has asked you politely 3 times not use their name... and you continue to like a 12 year old child.

Keep talking to god david koresh, I'm sure you are the only one that has contact with the higher power. I see homeless people, glazed eyes, and insane, barking about the bible with corn nut teef. Maybe they have the insight?

Or, maybe, you are rolling with a convenience of where you were born?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:20 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Heh:

http://www.jesusandmo.net/2011/04/27/atoms/
Neo
[deleted]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:22 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

TheWhat wrote:
Neo wrote:
Adam, who cares if people don't take me seriously?

Ok. Don't use my name

I just did.
Bunyip
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:53 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I'm all for pointless bickering but can we keep it on topic please? Smile

TheWhat
Insane!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:58 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Neo wrote:
I just did.

Thank you, Neo.

The meaning of life: Providing for myself. Knowing and experiencing love from my friends and lovers and cat. Creativity! (my favorite). Dancing without fear when I feel like it. Solitude and reflection and admitting I'm wrong and not endlessly claiming I am right. The ability to apologize, because I feel the need to within myself. Interest in the vast green earf we live upon. Never ending learning. Hugs and kisses, but I prefer hugs.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:36 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

It's about time, mate. Razz

Jess™ wrote:
Sophistication

I feel that such endeavours as 'sophistication' and industrialization are a result of giving up what science (and art?) was (were) meant to do in the first place: provide answers to life's biggest questions.

Any other thoughts on this?
Neo
[deleted]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:27 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Zuruck wrote:
Me have this knowledge? No, I work for a place that I can't stand making just enough to not starve and enjoy one or two adult beverages on the weekend. It's a lovely cycle. The question asked is what's the purpose of life. For me, it's to fuck bitches. Perhaps for you Bun it's to save the world, I don't know. I'm not an example to others because I don't give one shit what you do with your life. It's yours, have fun with it.

You're wiser and more caring than you pretend to be, human.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic