Descent BB

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Descent BB Forum Index > Ethics and Commentary > Where Art Thou Bean Counter Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Woodchip
Ace

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:08 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

No, this is NOT a topic on boarder security. Razz

I'm wondering where the morbid death tabulators went. With Bush we had a day by day running score by the "freedom" loving mainstreams on the number of soldiers killed in Iraq. Once Barack "War Monger" Obama got elected all the counters disappeared. Yet since he was elected we have:

"At least 858 U.S. soldiers have died in the Afghanistan war since President Barack Obama took office in January 2009. That equals 60 percent of the 1,427 American soldiers killed so far in the 10-year war in that country."

So where did Cindy Sheehan go? Zuruck, is it too hard to camp out in front of Obama's Chicago Manse? Why is Code Pink no longer doing a cheesy strip tease in congress and exposing their pink colored titties and yelling anti-war slogans? When was the last anti-war march in DC with Obama's effigy being burned?

SNAP! Oh wait, that's right...it has been officially decreed any condemnation of Obama automatically makes you a racist.
Zuruck
Ace

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:43 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Yeah you really can't get down his street anymore unless you want a black SUV on your tail. And it's not really a mansion, nice house but certainly not like Tiger's new bachelor pad.

And I don't know the rest of your question. Perhaps they don't equate starting multiple wars with trying to draw one down and escalating another. I have no idea bro...I think we should evac everyone and liquify the countries from 50k feet. It's a complete waste of money.
Avder
Hotshot

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:16 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Same reason you didnt see all the righties calling bush names or whatnot while he was in there. Their guy is in office, theyre not gonna protest against it too vocally even if theyre against some of his policies. The average person cant be bothered to look past the red or blue colored glasses they wear as "members" of their chosen political party.
Zuruck
Ace

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:14 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

While I do think Avder's assessment does perhaps have a little to do with it, I think it's more of matter of proportion. A very small number of people protested Bush going into Afghanistan, but when he decided to open the war into Iraq, lots of people didn't buy the bull that he was giving about the rationale. The lack of pre-war planning obviously showed in the aftermath of the invasion; none of the guys in the administration had clearly thought the process all the way through. Then the dominos of ineptitude started to fall. The Pat Tillman debacle, the WMD debate, the occupation, people started to question the administration at every turn.

As for Obama, his decision to escalate the war in Afghanistan was not well met on the left. Instead of looking at the situation pragmatically, he gave in to the idea that he would look like Bush when it came to the wars and perhaps Republicans would support him. During the Bush Administration, if at any time someone questioned the ongoing wars that person was accused of "not supporting the troops." Now the Republicans openly vilify every war related decision by Obama and they don't get called out. The Code Pinks and Sheehans are still out there, but Obama's level of idiocy doesn't rise to the level of Bush.
Neo
[deleted]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:36 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

lol... Why are you wondering, man? It should be obvious why deaths aren't reported. Thanks, George. I mean Barack. I mean Clinton... or was that Reagan?

Woodchip wrote:
SNAP! Oh wait, that's right...it has been officially decreed any condemnation of Obama automatically makes you a racist.

It's called redirection of force... in this case, misinformation tactics; unfortunately, the enemy can do it too.
Spidey
Hotshot

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:58 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

JFTR The News Hour still does a tally.