Descent BB

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Descent BB Forum Index > Ethics and Commentary > Yo Black Folk, yo Stupid Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Woodchip
Ace

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:03 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Well if you are a black person in American, your very own non-honky AG has officially declared you to be too stupid to compete with whites/asians/latino's when taking competitive exams. :

"Under the previous requirements, candidates had to get a 66% on part one of the exam and a 72% on part two.

The D.O.J. approved new scoring policy only requires potential police officers to get a 58% and a 63%. That’s the equivalent of an ‘F’ and a ‘D’."

So the very people you would want to have a modicum of intelligence to apply the many and varied laws that exist, now can just be dumb louts that can arrest first and have a white/asian/latino boy ask the questions later.
So hurray for the black culture, a educated black man has just declared it to stupid to compete in the real world.
B-
Cocked & Locked

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:04 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Okay, wait..
Black candidates are required 58% and a 63% to pass, but everyone else is required a 66% and 72%?

or did they lower the requirements for everyone based on past black test scores?

Ace

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:00 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Sounds like everyone. If it was just for blacks then that would add further insult to injury. I wonder if Holder applies the same parameters to the applicants at the DOJ.
Neo
[deleted]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:40 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Amplifying the stupidity of people is the way of the whirled. Nothing new here.
B-
Cocked & Locked

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:00 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Quote:
If it was just for blacks then that would add further insult to injury.

Right! But would it surprise you?

Ace

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:37 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

B- wrote:
Quote:
If it was just for blacks then that would add further insult to injury.

Right! But would it surprise you?

With the case study of the absurd who head the White-house and the DOJ...no
Zuruck
Ace

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:54 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I don't get it. It applies to all so how is it an insult to african americans? wouldn't it be more directed at all the police force? last time i checked, top of the class people at ivy league schools dont generally join the police force so yeah, dropping the requirements might be ok.

can you link a report so we can read it?
CORD
Hotshot

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:05 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

And people wonder why there are so many lawyers....

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:29 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Zuruck wrote:
I don't get it. It applies to all so how is it an insult to african americans?

I think what woody's saying (or implying) is that black people couldn't pass the test so the only way to ensure that African Americans were represented in the proper proportion was to lower the standard...

Which isn't insulting so much as a sad commentary. Black people aren't stupid. It's just that so many are trying so hard to live up to some fucked up ideals. Ironic, really. They reject out of hand many of the very things that they need to embrace in order to overcome... vicious cycle.

Woodchip
Ace

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:49 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Yeah, Buny explains it right. It is insulting to blacks because the standards were lowered not because Asian Americans could not pass the test nor Latino Americans nor Anybody Else American. At 58%, heck you could just flip a coin for the answers and stand a good chance of passing.

On a side note, did Holder have to take a test for his job? Wink
TheWhat
Insane!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:11 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Bunyip wrote:
Black people aren't stupid.

Don't make such a blanket statement. I see plenty of completely stupid people everyday and some of them happen to be black.
And 58%? That's just a few ticks above my erectile function success rate and you can be a cop? That's horrifying.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:27 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Yeah, yeah yeah, Adam. Black people are no more stupid (and no less stupid) than white, green, purple, yellow, khaki or plaid people. You know what I meant.

Flip
Ace

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:45 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

They did this same thing back in the 70's at the schools here in Atlanta. Instead of raising everyone up, they lowered the standards. Now I have 2 aunts that are high school graduates than can barely read. That's the problem with thinking your more superior to others. Makes everybody else around you have to be a dumbass.
Thorne
Ace

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:02 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Sorry, black people are definitely stupid...except when they're not. Razz

Insane!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:32 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Bunyip wrote:
Yeah, yeah yeah, Adam. Black people are no more stupid (and no less stupid) than white, green, purple, yellow, khaki or plaid people. You know what I meant.

Thanks for making the world more palatable; is this dbb.net? LOL
Woodchip has a remarkable post about how low can you go to be a police officer. It scares me.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:16 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

he mad, yo

this smells like the self-indulgence of elementally school: "you are intelligent human beingz." lol ...or maybe the opposite ...not that this isn't true; just taken out of context. ^_~

...and speaking of intelligence, in this whirled are plenty of blacks and blues who are knowledgeable but not intelligent... almost only counts in whore's shoes and atomic [supa crazy ill] b0mbz.

...I almost heard the guy from the movies when I started saying that. x_X
Flip
Ace

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:47 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Hmm where was that button again? Razz
Neo
[deleted]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:54 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

brutal honesty doesn't count as being "nonsense." get behind me, satan. Razz
Thorne
Ace

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:46 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

For crimes against good grammar, spelling and the whole of the English language...

DBB Staff

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:27 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

As far as i recall, there is no such thing as purple people
otherwise there might be a purple people eater too lol
but the chances of that happening is probably higher than 58% lololol.
Flip
Ace

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:32 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Brutal honesty doesn't count for shit if it comes across like this Razz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMADJcimnds&feature=related
Neo
[deleted]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:15 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

haterz wrote:
Hmm where was that button again? Razz

It's where your heart is. It's not where your spleen will be. ^_~

Looking for someone to blame? Razz Confucius say: beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
The only thing the Grammaton will be able to burn me for is not casting a spell with the Queen's English™. We all know how much she loves black people & blue people.

Maybe this means that the purple people are extinct.
[insert line 238 from article IV of Neo's philosophy on life, book V]

Okay, I won't go "off-topic" again, dad. It isn't very interesting in the first place.
Flip
Ace

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:55 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Heh no hate just lulz. Smile
Thorne
Ace

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:11 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

It's like a reply has a certain portion of effort involved, usually split fairly evenly between the writer and the reader, and our friend Neo has mastered the art of tipping the scales unfairly to the other side, forcing everyone to work unusually hard to extract coherent thought from his replies. And once the extraction is complete, we want our XX minutes back.

[deleted]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:24 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I don't have the luxury of friends. ^_~
View previous topic :: View next topic