Descent BB

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Descent BB Forum Index > Tech Forum > D3 on a Mac? Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Perediablo
Ace

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:43 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

i have seen D3 for sale for Mac. Unfortunately it was going for $85 on ebay. Does anyone know if it will work on OS X 10.6.6? If so, are there any cheaper copies available out there. Jonesin' for some D3 again.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:42 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Surely you know some friends or neighbors with old pc hardware? you could build a pretty damned good d3 box with minimal effort Razz

*looks at stacks of parts in closet*

yep $85 is steep, seems they are goin for "collectors" heh

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:59 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I believe the issue is space. You know... Babies and all taking up precious gaming space. Eric, I haven't forgotten about you. Just haven't run across it yet.
Perediablo
Ace

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:37 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

No prob Vince. Yeah space is the issue. There are multiple VERY nice gaming PC's in the garage all waiting for more room to spontaneously generate into a gaming room and music studio.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:36 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Get a job and buy more room! Smile Ok, just kidding. But yeah, those damn kids get more space in the house than the adults. What's up with that?
Bunyip
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:03 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

You have no-one to blame but yourself.

Gammaray
Hotshot

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:12 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Oh but kids are so much fun! laff

not.

Maybe there's enough room in the rafters of the garage you could build a little den! climb the ladder, shut the floor and zone out on some d3. Hell you could even put an intercom/2way radio up there so the wife could call you down if she needed help with the kids.

Sorry, gettin way out of hand with my "helpful" ideas but I would do just about anything if put in your shoes. :p

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:04 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Park the car outside, use the garage ?

Ace

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:08 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Car is parked outside. No room above the rafters to kneel, much less play D3. LOL No heat/cooling in the garage either. This is the desert, could get a little toasty in there. Oh well. I'll just wait.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:31 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I even checked MY copies of D3 and sadly all are PC.

Question: can you KVM a PC and a Mac? Then you only need like 1' x 2' of floor space. Or you could make a lil shelf on the wall. Just sayin'

Perediablo
Ace

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:50 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I now have windows 7 running on my Mac (which I was trying to avoid). It runs it just fine. Thanks for all the help.