Descent BB

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Descent BB Forum Index > Hobby Lobby > The Rat Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grendel
Ninja Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:23 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Edit: Since this has sort of become an ongoing project I split it out of the Random Pics thread. Also makes it easier to avoid for sensitive people Smile

Speaking of emotions..

Did a quick jab at developing it in DPP after my lunch walk, will probably post a final version after working it over in LR.

Ninja Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:43 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

DBB Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:27 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Grendel wrote:
Random pictures of the week.

That's awesome.

I just gotta ask...what made you decide to shoot that dead rat?
Grendel
Ninja Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:18 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Thanks. Smile Good question. I walked by it and checked it out, felt sorry for it being wasted for no good reason. Looked like a dog chewed it up for fun. Thought maybe I can at least have it make a small impact in this world by creating a picture that will provoke some reactions in a few viewers.

I don't have a problem w/ picturing death. It's an integral part of everybodies life after all, even tho a lot people seem to try very hard to ignore it. A little reminder once in a while doesn't hurt IMHO.

I took the other picture in my back yard BTW. HDR.

DBB Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:04 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Grendel wrote:
Thanks. Smile Good question. I walked by it and checked it out, felt sorry for it being wasted for no good reason. Looked like a dog chewed it up for fun. Thought maybe I can at least have it make a small impact in this world by creating a picture that will provoke some reactions in a few viewers.

I think it's a compelling picture. Nice job. But, the rat isn't wasted. Maggots have to eat too, my brother!
Grendel
Ninja Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:26 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Well, they didn't form a hunting party and brought it down ;P True tho, maggots will always eat, no matter what.

Interestingly the carcass is still where I found it almost a week ago, nothing seems to have messed w/ it except the flies..

Ninja Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:00 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Week 3.

DBB Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:05 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

The maggots really did a number on that thing.
Grendel
Ninja Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:27 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

As of today:

SpongeBob

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:58 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

ewwwwwwwww

Ninja Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:06 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

That's life Razz

Update:

From another angle:

DBB Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:38 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I wonder how long it'll take for the hair to deteriorate. I hope it's still there for the bleached bone stage.
Grendel
Ninja Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:24 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Getting there, slowly.

SpongeBob

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:44 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

you guys have interesting interests Laughing Shocked Rolling Eyes

DBB Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:18 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I think you should do a morph when you're finished with this project.
Grendel
Ninja Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:02 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Maybe a slideshow will work. For a timelapse I don't have enough material :/ But hey -- learning is (a big) part of it, next time I do something like that I'll know better Smile

Ninja Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:30 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

The state of affairs as of today, giving the E-P1 (w/ 17mm lens) some workout.

Ninja Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:14 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

More checking out the E-P1 (shot w/ the Pentax 2/28mm lens.)

Ninja Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:41 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Last two pics -- poor thing is all mummyfied. It was gone, I had givien up looking for it when I spotted in the middle of the road (probably just got blown there by the wind.) Moved it back for taking a few shots and put it to its final resting place w/in a blackberry bush. R.I.P.

Inane!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:21 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

it dried up so much that it blew away?
aww.