Descent BB

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Descent BB Forum Index > Tech Forum > Thrustmaster shipping HOTAS Warthog flight controller Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
STRESSTEST
DBB Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:54 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Thrustmaster shipping HOTAS Warthog flight controller this month for $500

http://www.engadget.com/2010/10/08/thrustmaster-shipping-hotas-warthog-flight-controller-this-month/

JBOMB - "kinda...cause after you smoke enough bowls you end up realizing you are both 2 idiots jumping around in front of a tv.."
BUBBALOU
Insane!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:04 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Great for Sims, the lack of throw will make Descent use a 6 month conversion at a minimum.

Perfect base for F16 simpits, incorrect stick for an A10

Split Throttle are the new Specialty, trying to bring back the SUNCOM addicts

stickbase from cougar - the paddle on the stick + throttle from Warthog = Perfect A10 Setup

stickbase from warthog + throttle from Cougar = Perfect F16 Setup (this setup is actually a current mod in the F16 Community)

Too Bad Thrustmaster does not sell these controllers separately or make rudder pedals

Combo A10- F16 Pit Pilot will be in heaven

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:22 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Is that collar on the gimble shaft a throw stop?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:10 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

No actually it's to remove the handle and replace it with another, they never made any others though (F22/ F35.....) though some extensions are available that just screw in using the coupling

And that Joystick actually does not move like your accustomed ... so there is no real "THROW" with Hall effect Sensors

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:31 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I see, well that would be a nice improvement, as long as the pressure range is wide enuf. Much quicker.

The joystick gimble in my setup was always the weak spot.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:13 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Confucius say: "Man who buy $500 joystick get pwned by $50 mouse" Razz
BUBBALOU
Insane!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:19 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Listen to Confucius ^ this isn't some bot haven for battlefield no0bz like yourself Samus

Mouse this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUu4SV3GjVw (scrub to the 3:00 mark.. scrub)
Samus wrote:
Confucius say: "Man who buy $500 joystick get pwned by $50 mouse" Razz

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:41 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

No youtube link can change the fact that you've been killed in D3 with a mouse. Razz
BUBBALOU
Insane!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:22 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Neo wrote:
No youtube link can change the fact that you've been killed in D3 with a mouse. Razz
I better check my medication STAT, I did not realize the YouTube link was Descent 3.....

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:35 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Yeah, you do that. Razz
View previous topic :: View next topic