Descent BB

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Descent BB Forum Index > Tech Forum > activedesktop was better Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
roid
Inane!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:33 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

in windows XP i used to use ACTIVE DESKTOP (a standard windows feature) to have multiple pictures on my desktop. I'm not talking about having scrolling or constantly changing/cycling/rotating pictures. NO SIR !
IMMA talkin 'bout having a picture in the top right, and a picture in the bottom right, and another one around here, and another one over there.
I Basically used to have a COLLAGE of pictures on my desktop background, and active dekstop allowed me to move them around constantly, changing their orientation and position AT MY WHIMMM.

but now i have win7 and this new "gadgets" skullduggery CONFUSES AND ENRAGES ME. Also it defies my will and i can't figure out howto do collages again.

what do?

(if you suggest i just make my own collage jpg in photoshup, I MAY JUST BITE YOU)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:37 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

adapt?

or try google? First hit seems like a good place to start...

roid
Inane!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:06 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

i have tried the googles.
i want your opinions instead.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:54 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

You are an asshat. Good enough? Smile

JBOMB - "kinda...cause after you smoke enough bowls you end up realizing you are both 2 idiots jumping around in front of a tv.."
Krom
DBB Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:06 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Active Desktop was retarded, and so were the vast majority of people who turned it on. How many times have I had to fix that god damn "active desktop recovery" message on someones PC so they could see a picture of themselves with a bunch of drunk off their asses college students laughing at some retarded unfunny thing while half sitting and half falling off a fucking ugly couch.

(19:11) [D3k]Gooberman: pffft, I didnt get owned baal, you just got 60 lucky fusion shots
Bunyip
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:46 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Well, he did ask...

roid
Inane!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:00 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Collage Krom, not College.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:32 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

roid wrote:
Collage Krom, not College.

Do you think that just because it was several arranged pictures of you sitting drunk off your ass on an ugly couch it becomes art? Razz

(19:11) [D3k]Gooberman: pffft, I didnt get owned baal, you just got 60 lucky fusion shots
MD-2389
Insane!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:42 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

http://www.blogsdna.com/2210/how-to-create-windows-7-themes.htm

Spent two seconds on google to find that....
AceCombat
SpongeBob

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:52 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Krom wrote:
Active Desktop was retarded, and so were the vast majority of people who turned it on. How many times have I had to fix that god damn "active desktop recovery" message on someones PC so they could see a picture of themselves with a bunch of drunk off their asses college students laughing at some retarded unfunny thing while half sitting and half falling off a fucking ugly couch.

ROTFLMAO!!

Inane!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:40 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Your link wrote:
MD-2389 wrote:
roid wrote:
...I'm not talking about having scrolling or constantly changing/cycling/rotating pictures. NO SIR !...

http://www.blogsdna.com/2210/how-to-create-windows-7-themes.htm

Spent two seconds on google to find that....

...slideshow feature...

:-/

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:00 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Krom wrote:

Not to mention how ridiculously full of security holes it was. Anyone thought IE6 had no security? Active Desktop was much worse.

Roid,
As for something to do what you're after ... Ya got three choices.
1. Take some time to learn something new like the finer points of the Win7 Desktop Themes. It's you best hope without adding 3rd party software. (hey I get you don't wanna have to learn more stuff, but you did in order to get how to work Active Desktop, now ya gotta learn again. Tuff it up, dude.)

2. Use a 3rd party software. Free will most likely have ads. You'd have to buy to avoid that. Oh, and lose more responsiveness at the same time. Sorry, I don't have any suggestions. I prefer not to add stuff that will suck the life out of processor performance.

3. Do without. Most everyone else does, and they don't have to lose any performance.

My apologies for replying without giving much in the way of suggestions.
roid
Inane!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:36 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

(oh well)
thanks guys

i think i might go the photoshop route.

Op was drunk

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:46 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

If you don't already have Photoshop, try out Paint.net (assuming you're on Windoze). It's free and VERY good.
roid
Inane!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:38 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

ya that's what i use

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:15 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Just kick your computer next time.
View previous topic :: View next topic