Descent BB

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Descent BB Forum Index > Descent Support > Render Depth constantly resets in Descent 3 Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Avder
Hotshot

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:29 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Hi all, it's been a while since I played, but Ive decided to finally dust off the old 3dpro and play some descent again.

The one big problem I'm having is in Descent 3, the render depth bar in the detail options keeps resetting itself to 40 when I want it as far as possible, since my machine can handle it. It happens without warning and completely at random. I'll be in some outdoor area and everything looks fine, but when I turn 90 degrees or so the terrain just drops off cause the redner depth bar has reset itself to 40 again.

Is there any way to fix this? Or some magic number I can set the thing to where it wont constantly reset itself?
Grendel
Ninja Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:41 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Yes, it does that. Nope, no fix.

Insane!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:36 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

it's the yin and yang of the engine if you max the distance out to 100 ... which it will... you have to move the texture slider down about 26 for it to stay

let me jump in and check it... yep 100/26

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:23 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Thanks guys.
Max Blanck

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:25 am Reply with quote

BUBBALOU wrote:
it's the yin and yang of the engine if you max the distance out to 100 ... which it will... you have to move the texture slider down about 26 for it to stay

let me jump in and check it... yep 100/26

Thank you so much, wise one.
View previous topic :: View next topic