Descent BB

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Descent BB Forum Index > Tech Forum > Couple questions... Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pun
DBB Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:50 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Does Descent3 run on Win 7 64bit?

Can it be configured to look good on a 22" samsung? 1680x1050. If so, how?

Has anyone used one of these before? I saw one at Fry's the other day and the damn thing seemed solid built like the old Sidewinders... I'm attracted to it because of the throttle. I'm a stick-only pilot and that throttle actually seems workable for D3.

Thanks.
Sickone
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:58 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

D3 runs just fine on Win 7 64

You can run on the monitor without issue, just a matter of
how you set up the resolution and aspect
http://www.descentbb.net/viewtopic.php?t=16700
See the thread for basic info in Grendel's post

No idea on the joystick
Grendel
Ninja Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:47 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

If the stick is a HID USB device (chances are almost 100% it is) it'll work w/ D3.

Hall effect sensors -- guess I'll have to check one out Smile

DBB Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:22 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Thanks, Sickone.

Gren, it feels like it's built really nice. If the hat will hold up to Descent duty, we might have a winner here. I have no doubt it will work with D3, I just wonder about its durability, which is why I asked the question.
roid
Inane!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:53 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Grendel wrote:
Hall effect sensors

pff. with Descent we only use Corridor Effect sensors.
Halls are for groundpounders

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:49 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

-aspect 1.6 -width 1680 -height 1050
Foil
2*pi*r

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:02 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

MD-2389 wrote:
-aspect 1.6 -width 1680 -height 1050

Another option is what I do on my 1680x1050:

Combine "-width 1400 -height 1050" (4:3 aspect) with the "GPU scaling" option turned on. This puts black bars on the sides of the screen, but prevents losing vertical field-of-view because of the wider aspect.