Descent BB

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Descent BB Forum Index > Tech Forum > In Need of a Grendel Sidewinder 3DPro to USB converter ?? Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sickone
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:53 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Updated 4/28/10

I failed to include shipping charges of parts
to me. So it is actually $31 and change. The
easiest and safest way for me to ship is priorty
mail w/ delivery confirmation at a total of $5.60
So $37 total delivered to you (assuming USA).
If you want one you can send a check or use paypal.

I have been beating the bushes trying to get old friends and players to come back.
Seems they all need a converter to get their joystick working.
Anyway, I did a simple board layout to get a sort of
Dongle device.
The parts will be here next week.

I am happy to just break even. So that is $30.08 + whatever the cost of shipping to you.
I am guessing that is maybe $5 by mail and $10 or $15 by UPS or something.

These are not fancy. I did them as a dongle to make them easy and as cheap as possible.
You could of course get a little project box if you wanted and cut a hole and mount the DB15 connector.

Pictures below (it's a mock up - but that is what it will look like)

The picture shows a 6ft USB cable, they will in fact have a 3ft cable.

Let me know if you need one or more.

Floyd
Hotshot

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:33 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

nice Smile
Thorne
Ace

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:36 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Not fancy? Looks like a nice little package to me!

Put me down for one. Just tell me how you need the funds.

P.S. Shuffle me to the back of the line if your friends need them first. My stick works just fine with my main machine. I just want one for my laptop, eventually.

Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:23 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I'll find out what shipping options are.
The Post Ofice is likely cheapest, just needs
have delivery confirmation.

As soon as I know the cost there
I'll let you know.
They shouldn't take long to build (sort of the point)
so as Long as work doesn't blow up in my face again
we should be all good.
Bunyip
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:38 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I'll take one. Maybe even two. Smile

Grendel
Ninja Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:33 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Got mine in the mail today, great work, very cool Cool Thanks !

Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:55 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I had several poeple ask for units when I had two left.
Both ndicated they'd get back to me right away. A number of days went by, I even messaged them. No rtesponse. That is all fine.

Another user wanted one bad, and since the other two didn't respond I sold one to him.

Bottom line.... I have `1 unit left,m and that is it!
So if anyone wants it it, itis 1st come 1st served... who ever ets mey the money first.

o if you want opne,. now is the the time/last chance.
Grendel
Ninja Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:42 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Unstickied. Most likely they are gone by now.