Descent BB

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Descent BB Forum Index > Descent Support > D3 Textures/Effects all screwed Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rider

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:09 pm Reply with quote

That's basically what the game looks like to me. The texture it uses to 'fill' those odd areas vary from time to time (it switches if I open up another menu for instance) but it's just all kinds of screwed up. Even the projectiles I fire and their 'explosion' use that texture. The floors texture differs depending on which I angle I look at it from, like there's another texture on top that the vision clips through from a certain angle.

Anyway, any hints/tips on what I might do to fix this? I'm running 1.4 NOCD on Windows XP.
Floyd
Hotshot

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:13 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

what is your (graphics) hardware? when did you do the last gfx driver update?
Rider

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:33 pm Reply with quote

I have a GeForce 7600GT, using the 196.21 drivers. I've tried using older drivers already, but that didn't do anything.
Floyd
Hotshot

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:26 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

is it just this mission or is it the same with every mission?
Rider

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:04 pm Reply with quote

I just looked and it seems to be the same wherever. The texture it picks looks to be random but it's always messed up like that. I also tried reinstalling earlier, but that didn't work out. It does this in both D3D mode and OGL.
roid
Inane!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:53 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

hahaha
bars on everything

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:15 am Reply with quote

Yes... yes there are.
Krom
DBB Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:28 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

You aren't using anything special in your command line are you? One thing I suppose would be worth trying is seeing what happens when you use some of the memory/video tweaking command line options.
Give -lowmem or -superlowmem a try, and see if it improves. Otherwise try -himem -highvidmem -nomultitexture and -nocompress to see if any of them help.

(19:11) [D3k]Gooberman: pffft, I didnt get owned baal, you just got 60 lucky fusion shots
Rider

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:49 am Reply with quote

That's it! -nocompress did the trick! I can play D3 again, whoo!!

Perhaps I'll meet some of you online at some point Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 12:05 am Reply with quote

-nocompress

This thread helped me resolve the same problem. Thanks guys.
View previous topic :: View next topic