Descent BB

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Descent BB Forum Index > The DBB Gallery > Plastic Face Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Verran
Trainee

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:37 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Music video (low resolution does not do it justice):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDc1NEwjshk&fm=18

MP3 (high quality):
http://www.vukovich.net/plastic_face.mp3

Enjoy.

P.S. If someone can show me how, I would definitely like to post a YouTube HD video, but I have no idea how to do it. Thanks.
Pun
DBB Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:33 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

That was totally tripped out and somewhat disturbing. I really liked it. It reminds me of older NIN and Ministry. Don't know if you're influenced by either.

Question though... Is it really a music video? In the traditional sense, a music video would be made to compliment, accompany a song, in which case, I would suggest that you shorten the entire thing by about half. It's far too long. On the other hand, if you were thinking of it in terms of it being a piece of art, in other words, the music was made for/with the video portion, then that is an entirely different story. I'm just mentioning this because as a viewer I felt that the piece had a bit of an identity crisis. Is it a short film? Is it performance art? Is it a music video? No one knows but you. Smile
Bunyip
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:23 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

x2 on the length. Do a radio edit version...

One thing I was noticing was that a lot of the pictures are only up long enough for you to notice the unique features - but not long enough to absorb it. I kept finding myself pausing and going back to look at pictures, sort of a "wtf was that I didn't really see it" effect. Not sure if that matters to you but it definitely took the focus off of the music and broke the continuity. Some of those images are outstandingly interesting though, kudos for that.

Verran
Trainee

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:51 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Hey guys, thanks!

Pun: actually it was intended as performance art, but I labeled it a music video to attract attention.

Sorry about the length... this is the first time I've done this. Second vocal track ever (the first was a horrible, miserable failure).

Bunyip: It was kind of my intention to make the imagery subliminal while staying with the beat. If you were finding yourself saying "WTF" and watching it again; that was my goal. Wink

Thanks for the feedback guys!!
View previous topic :: View next topic