Descent BB

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Descent BB Forum Index > Descent Support > Descent 3 Graphics Settings - 'Ignoring' my settings? Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Handsomedan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:57 am Reply with quote

Yeah, I still use a PP1... Because the Descent series is about the only reason I still own a joystick at all. That, and some occasional mechwarrior binging. But outside of that, I never use one, hell, I don't even keep it at my desk most the time. It does the job more than fine, the response time has never been a problem, so I'm totally happy with it.

After all, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

As for the nostromo, I use the old N50, got it in high school, and same as the joystick, no real reason for me to get a newer one. When I play most games, I prefer the mouse\keyboard combo, so no real reason to upgrade it.
Grendel
Ninja Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:08 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

BUBBALOU wrote:
yeah because your looking in the knowledge base for USB

No, all of microsoft.com for "PP 2". Comes up w/ the 6 hits where they copied the typo and 1 w/ a different typo.

BUBBALOU wrote:
Present Day: with the converter it goes into a constant connect-reconnect every 3 seconds, quite annoying.

I have never seen that, thanks for the info. Something in your setup must facilitate it, any idea what it could be ? I would like to reproduce that to see if the converter could identify that situation.

BUBBALOU wrote:
For a test when I was having the issue I moved the problem joy while it was having issues and plugged into a usb port on my keyboard.... was definitely not good test , shut down my g15 keyboard also another time into a different PC. err not good either.

Hm, never tested that FW w/ hubs. I did test the current one w/ the hub in a Das Keyboard. Would be interesting to see if a firmware update would help here. You would need a computer w/ a parallel port and build a programming cable (db25 - 6pin header) for that. PM me for details.
BUBBALOU
Insane!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:52 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

It's and inherent defect with the original product, why would i even entertain the thought "a firmware upgrade in an external converter" is going to fix a mechanical problem on the joystick itself... that makes no sense

That's like putting an Air Freshener inside my car to fix the gas leak in my fuel line.. Rolling Eyes

I'll stick with having 2 joysticks available and at the ready, like we have been doing since 1999..... Thanks

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:47 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

BUBBALOU wrote:
It's and inherent defect with the original product, why would i even entertain the thought "a firmware upgrade in an external converter" is going to fix a mechanical problem on the joystick itself... that makes no sense

Uhm, the update would be an attempt to address the problem w/ the hub. Never said it would fix anything related to the joystick. The idea would be to detect the situation and not go into a restart frenzy if possible.

Could you check and let me know if the part no.s and FCC numbers from the stickers of the affected sticks are different from 63545/C3KMJ1 ?
BUBBALOU
Insane!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:29 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Same part Number, but there Serials are what differentiates the 3dpro's

Affected sticks area 3,xxx,xxx and below serials

Ones that never have issues with 6,xxx,xxx + serials

BTW all the 3dpro's I have were all new in the box

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:05 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Thanks. Got plenty of 1, 2 & 4 serials. Will check for electrical modifications once I find a higher one.
donlando

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:18 pm Reply with quote

so i saw some post that u can do that so i tried...the usb cord contains 4 wires.. red, green white and black..the joystick contains like 9,those + brown, blue, light blue, gray and yellow..and both were wrapped in a aluminum wire going around them which is figure is the neutral..i connected the 4 like wires and the neutral and im not getting anything..anyone got some tips>?
Foil
2*pi*r

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:35 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Take a look at the Product ID at the bottom of the stick.

If it starts with 97462 ("3D Pro Plus"), it is not natively USB-compatible, sorry.

If it starts with 85791 ("Precision Pro"), it is natively USB-compatible, and should work if connected like the proprietary dongle.

View previous topic :: View next topic