Descent BB

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Descent BB Forum Index > Hobby Lobby > Random Pictures Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JBOMB
DBB Cadet

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:32 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Grendel wrote:

If the terms of service take me more than 5min to read or I have to hand in a portfolio that an anonymous panel will use to judge if I'm worth it I usually close my browser...

Yes..They do judge your work... dont know about the others but shutterstock asks that you hand them your ten "best" photos for them to deem you worthy... If you get rejected you get to try again in 30 days...If you are accepted you get to just start uploading whatever...This weeds out most of the garbage..

You are a lock though....a shoe-in....guaranteed acceptance...How do i know? I've been using them for like 10 years..I have seen it all...
I think with some volume you have a good shot at making some cash on sites like those...

Just sayin Razz
Grendel
Ninja Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:30 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Al right, I'll give it a shot. Thanks for the heads up !

Random end-of-the-year pic, sleeping cat Smile :

[anchor]

Ninja Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:20 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Weird ! If someone has an explanation for how this happened during a night below freezing w/o rain, let me know...

Ninja Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:05 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Went to the Wine & Whiskers 2013 Auction yesterday, very entertaining:

Ninja Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:36 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Here we go again:

Grendel wrote:
Sunday shopping at Many Hands Trading. Love that store Smile

Bizarre stuff Smile

Ninja Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:09 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Grendel wrote:
New addition to the household:

Now w/ a proper coat Smile

Ninja Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:07 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Meanwhile at Safeway:

Ninja Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:45 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Meanwhile at the other Safeway:

Ninja Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:16 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Spring ! Very Happy

Ninja Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:49 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Random shot from yesterday.

Ninja Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:37 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Welcome to the biggest city in Oregon, Portland:

Home of the Oregon Zoo, which I took a stroll through yesterday. Here are some of the better pictures I took, enjoy !

You can find some more on drive.google.com under /folderview?id=0ByFalc_WhYosWW52MlJ2SFJJMEU&usp=sharing

DBB Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:30 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Ahh man. I love Portland. Thanks for these.
Grendel
Ninja Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:52 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Cat #2, aka Slayer-of-Teddy-Bears Smile

Ninja Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:34 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Finished phase 1 of converting the porch into a cattery today ! Smile

Ninja Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 10:25 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

No. 3 is really digging the new space Mr. Green

Ninja Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 7:24 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

For the curious again, advances in standard processing -- the other day I redeveloped this pic:

Grendel wrote:

SpongeBob

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 5:19 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

nice contrast of colors. really shows the true color in the fur

Ninja Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 1:42 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Thanks.

I really shouldn't post late at night while being sick... :/ What I tried to say: this is an example of how processing skills change over time. Both pics are processed w/ the same software in a casual manner (not trying to go for a prize pic) but two years apart. Load both up and flip between them for the best effect.

Remember, a better camera will not automatically give you better pictures ! Wink (It does help tho...) Always post-process if you want better pictures, don't be limited by your camera !

Ninja Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 7:45 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Ran into this jumper exploring my chair during lunch:

I like jumping spiders, they have personality and are aware of their surroundings. Checking out the lens:

Ninja Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:05 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

One ok shot out of about 50 :/ Getting rusty...

Ninja Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:58 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Heh ! Laughing

Ninja Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:47 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Quick heads up -- some places are selling off Canon's EOS M 22mm/f2 for $299 ! Amazon (Adorama under "other sellers" as well), B&H. With the 2.0.2 firmware applied (came out a week ago) this is a fantastic price !

Ninja Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:14 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Went to Eugene yesterday to see David Byrne & St. Vincent at the Cuthbert Amphitheatre. Great show Smile

More at drive.google.com/ under folderview?id=0ByFalc_WhYosZkVkVUJHU1QybEU&usp=sharing

BDSM Fanatic

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:35 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Ferno
BDSM Fanatic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:25 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

and why not...
STRESSTEST
DBB Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:12 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Grendel wrote:
One ok shot out of about 50 :/ Getting rusty...

Did you notice the bottom fly is "dented"?

JBOMB - "kinda...cause after you smoke enough bowls you end up realizing you are both 2 idiots jumping around in front of a tv.."
Krom
DBB Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:10 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

(19:11) [D3k]Gooberman: pffft, I didnt get owned baal, you just got 60 lucky fusion shots
Grendel
Ninja Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:14 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

STRESSTEST wrote:
Did you notice the bottom fly is "dented"?

Yes, saw that in post:

Interesting, but unfortunately aesthetically it is distracting.

Stumbled across one from about a month later that I missed to post:

Krom wrote:

Haha -- I need to get myself a cap like that Smile

Nice pics ! Couldn't resist to mess w/ the frog:

DBB Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:53 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Thanks, if had more time and the right camera, it would have been nice to focus stack the frogs, but only so much you can do with a point and shoot camera. Razz

(19:11) [D3k]Gooberman: pffft, I didnt get owned baal, you just got 60 lucky fusion shots
Grendel
Ninja Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:04 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Edit:

Krom wrote:
[..]but only so much you can do with a point and shoot camera. Razz

try this Wink

- --
Visited the "Avenue Of The Giants" over the weekend. Now the damn trees here look like bushes... Wink Let's see if I can get scale across:

Ninja Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:09 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

The woods (esp. the redwoods Smile) make for some interesting B/W pics:

And one colored:

Ninja Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:12 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Some pics I found along the way:

Ninja Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:49 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Grendel wrote:
Some pics I found along the way:

Now with "Grendel Treatment" (tm) Wink

Ninja Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:45 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Grendel wrote:
Here we go again:

Grendel wrote:
Sunday shopping at Many Hands Trading. Love that store Smile

Bizarre stuff Smile

Later I found this funnel web in the front yard:

Ace

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:57 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Washington DC

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic