Descent BB

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Descent BB Forum Index > Hobby Lobby > I made this for a Wedding Present Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bunyip
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:45 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

My cousin Bryan got married this past weekend, this is a little something I made him to commemorate the occasion.

Approx 6" tall

d3jake
Ace

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:54 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Pretty...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:59 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

That's really cool. How long did it take? I bet you were shakin' in your boots when that thing was in the kiln.
Bunyip
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:15 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

It's not annealed, Vince =) In fact, to fit it in the kiln I'd have to condense the branches down. It took a few hours to put together, including prep work like pulling cane and making leaves. I learned a lot, I could probably do similar and even nicer pieces in about 2/3 the time - as long as I don't drop 'em like I did this one!

edit: I do have a kiln it would fit in but of course it takes 220 Neutral

JBOMB
DBB Cadet

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:42 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

hot dang...that is cool...now uh..make a mint selling all the nerds glass Lord of the Rings trees Razz

very nice.
Ferno
BDSM Fanatic

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:56 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

pretty sweet piece of work there.
Bunyip
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:22 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Yeah, JT I'm thinking of going in that direction, although I was going more "wood troll" than "ent", so the nerd angle sort of escaped me...Good Call!

Dakatsu
Hotshot

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:01 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

If you plant it, would it grow?

Does it produce seedlings that will eventually grow into baby glass trees? That would be a gold mine! Very Happy