Descent BB

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Descent BB Forum Index > Descent Support > Descent 3 Level 2 Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cbailey

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:47 am Reply with quote

I'm stuck in level 2 of Descent 3. I have both passes (I have the guide book). but nothing will get me past the security center. I present my pass and nothing happens.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Grendel
Ninja Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:36 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Try the other pass..
cbailey810

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:16 pm Reply with quote

I tried them both, nothing happens.
Grendel
Ninja Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:08 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Find the pass that works then Smile Click.
MD-2389
Insane!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:35 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

They're color coded. The G (green) key lets you into minimum security, Y (yellow) key lets you into moderate security, R (red) key lets you into maximum security.
cbailey810

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:22 pm Reply with quote

Thanks Grendel for the link, I did everything.
I rolled around inside the security area, I blasted the camera, I cycled throught G1 and R1 passes.

I am running version 1.0, is this a bug that was fixed in patch? I didn't see my problem in the patch fix list.

Thanks
Grendel
Ninja Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:04 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Select the pass key you want to use, then hit ENTER (IIRC that's the default "use" key) ?

I would suggest to update to 1.4 anyway, lots of bug fixes.
Krom
DBB Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:30 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

There are four different pass keys in that level, make sure you have the right one.

(19:11) [D3k]Gooberman: pffft, I didnt get owned baal, you just got 60 lucky fusion shots
cbailey810

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:50 am Reply with quote

I could only find two pass keys, G1 and R1. I'm supposted to use R1 but sellecting that pass key and pressent enter does nothing.
Grendel
Ninja Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:02 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Hm, on a 2nd thought, ENTER is "use couter measure". Try the \ key. If that doesn't work, check which key is bound to "use intentory item" in the keyboard configuration. Sorry for the confusion, it has been a while since I played single player. Prefer multi player Smile
cbailey810

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:00 pm Reply with quote

Thanks Grendel, that worked. Funny, when I looked under keyboard mappings I didn't see this option befor, but now I did. Sorry for being stupid.

Thanks for the help - Ill make a note of this.
MD-2389
Insane!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:11 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Grendel wrote:
I would suggest to update to 1.4 anyway, lots of bug fixes.

This will also let you be able to play multiplayer, since all the active servers require you to be running v1.4.
View previous topic :: View next topic