Descent BB

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Descent BB Forum Index > The DBB Gallery > Valentine's 2009 - Glass Heart Pendants Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bunyip
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:33 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I've been melting a bunch of glass to fund a trip to Disney with my GF to celebrate Valentine's day... The glass is Borosilicate (aka Pyrex). The pics didn't come out so good - thank the weather for that. Need good sunlight to properly photograph this stuff.

Hemp
Descent3 God

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:12 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Man I so need you to blow me one man. So get on it asap. Great work.

DBB Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:00 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

...I so need you to blow me too

JBOMB - "kinda...cause after you smoke enough bowls you end up realizing you are both 2 idiots jumping around in front of a tv.."
Bunyip
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:28 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Manzyri really gave you a taste for masculine love, eh beel?

Pun
DBB Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:09 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Those are really cool. Some of the glass is amazing. I like the ones that are more traditionally heart shaped like the one on the left with the green spots in picture 27. They're actually kinda sexual. Some remind me more of a hot ass than a heart.

I guess the challenge is to make them look like a heart, rather than two teardrop globs of glass stuck together. When Are you going to film and youtube some of this stuff while it's cookin'?

----------------
Now playing: Goldfrapp - Road To Somewhere
Bunyip
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:06 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

heh. it's all made from ONE glob of glass - and that's the challenge, really. I'm not very good at making hearts, actually. My buddy Brent in Orlando aka "Mr. Smiley" of Orgasmic Glass is the true master. I'm working on it - hearts are fun & a good money maker...but I keep getting distracted by making ... other stuff.

Again pardon the crappy pictures, I'm working on it Smile I think a dark background is what I'm going to end up needing.

Behemoth
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:32 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

nice work man
Hemp
Descent3 God

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:57 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I knew that was going to come from Bill. No really Id love to have a few. Your art has come such a long way man. Just let me know some prices nshit. Give me a call or msg me.

DBB Cadet

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:31 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

very nice bun...i agree with pun..im sure what you strive for is the perfect heart and working with glass you are probably subject to various circumstances and restrictions during the creation process that don't always let you creat the perfect heart...

With that said...in looking at one of your hearts with the "split" down the middle: (1st one in this row)

It occurred to me that you could probably create a really awesome looking chili pepper pendant out of glass if you chose to...Perhaps girls would look at is as "ooh im spicy..like that necklace"...$$$?

ya know...just brainstorming with ya'll..throwin stuff out there...

Oooh..glass chili pepper refrigerator magnet? Smile
Bunyip
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:26 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

lol @ JT - Thanks Man... Just to show my appreciation of your thoughtfulness I present you with the following:

2 Marbles, they're each about 1.5 inches in diameter.

Pun
DBB Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:38 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Those marbles are super sweet. Are they perfectly round? Is there any way to keep/get the air bubbles out?

----------------
Now playing: M.I.A. - Bamboo Banga
Bunyip
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:39 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

It's part of the craftsmanship. You have to be careful not to boil the glass, you pick off any bubbles you see on the surface before encasing it deeper, you take care not to trap air in between wraps of color, etc. You'll never get rid of all the bubbles, even a small scratch on the surface of your rod can turn into a tiny bubble - and some of the colors come with them pre-installed (one formula for white borosilicate glass (pyrex) is introducing air into clear and mixing it well).

Those two marbles are, for the most part, bubble free. You're seeing the background magnified through the glass. I'm still working on the photography. That black background looks PIMP with some stuff. Not so good with others. The bubbles that are there are nearly invisible to the naked eye, despite being visible in the photos.

And sometimes the bubbles are on purpose:

(Not my work)

Neo
[deleted]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:47 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

where's my glass shield orb =)
Bunyip
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:38 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

If you only knew how many times I've tried...

JBOMB
DBB Cadet

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:33 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

i can say this without even smiling: dude..your balls are sweet...
Dakatsu
Hotshot

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:00 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Those are lovely! I agree with Pun on the traditional shaping, but others stand out just for the colors Very Happy
Money!
Ace

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 1:01 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Bun you've got some real talent.

Keep with it dude. These hurts can be appreciated by all people.

damn you.
Neo
[deleted]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:18 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

What about invulnerability
Grendel
Ninja Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:11 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Digging up & reanimating almost 2 years old threads is a sure sign of not getting enough fresh air...

DBB Staff

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:12 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Give him some credit Gren, he actually made a contribution in this particular thread instead of wasting valuable bytes.

Grendel
Ninja Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:36 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Hey, just stated an observation, nothing more. Massive thread-lag... Mr. Green

Got anything cooking for V-day '11 ?

DBB Staff

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:23 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Been obsessed with skulls actually lol

Neo
[deleted]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:56 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Grendel wrote:
Digging up & reanimating almost 2 years old threads is a sure sign of not getting enough shield orbs...

Fix'd

Actually, the entire board and the game on the back of the cereal box that it was based on needs to be dug up and re-animated. Hardly anyone posts here anymore.

Clear!

Recharging...
View previous topic :: View next topic