Descent BB

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Descent BB Forum Index > Forum Support and Feedback > Banner suggestion Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MD-2389
Insane!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:20 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Ok, I've got a challenge for you JBOMB. Make a version of the banner that is up now, only when you click on the ship it gets destroyed by a random weapon from any of the 3 games.
JBOMB
DBB Cadet

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:07 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

wanna help? i would need the sounds for said random weapons as i currently only have the mortar sound on hand. If you provide those to me...We'll do it!

: )
MD-2389
Insane!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:12 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I'll have to grab a hog editor, but I'll be glad to help. Smile
Pun
DBB Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:12 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Yay!

----------------
Now playing: Silversun Pickups - Lazy Eye
JBOMB
DBB Cadet

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:34 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

very good..with that said..dont bother with D2 or D1 because D3 has enough weapons to get the job done...What i have in mind probably wont live up to what you have in your mind but should be silly enough to be enjoyed Smile

For example...If the wep hits a ship obviously we'd want it to explode however the size of the banner itself wouldnt show the whole fun explosion (the top and bottom would get cut off)...

All im sayin is..its a fun idea one id like to explore...but i already know its not going to end looking like what you are imagining so ill try and come up with something sweet within the scope of your idea : )
Pun
DBB Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:06 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Acceptable!
TigerRaptorFX
Ace

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:50 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Perhaps a death by flare can be added in?
TheWhat
Insane!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:03 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Are you the bitchass flaring me?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:18 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Maybe.
MD-2389
Insane!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:53 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Posting to let you know I haven't forgotten about it. I have all the primary and secondary weapons from D1/D2 extracted. D3 is proving to be more of a challenge since the naming scheme for the wav files are a tad different. (and the only tool I've found that sorts by file type crashes when you try to export them as it was coded for the DEMO.)

Just for laughs, I did nab the flare sound effect too. Smile (I grabbed the D1/D2 weapon sounds because they deserve to be included as well.)
Grendel
Ninja Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:06 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Don't make a 3MB banner.. :^P
MD-2389
Insane!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:39 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Is flash capable of calling stored files w/o embedding them in the swf?
JBOMB
DBB Cadet

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:43 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

the current banner does not load all the spinning ships into the flash file...they are called and loaded dynamically by the user.

all i need is sounds..ill handle optimization Wink
Krom
DBB Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:24 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Have a smart missile hit on the far side of the logo and then the green homers kill the BP.

(19:11) [D3k]Gooberman: pffft, I didnt get owned baal, you just got 60 lucky fusion shots
MD-2389
Insane!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:45 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

gimme an e-mail address to send them to. Smile
JBOMB
DBB Cadet

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:17 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

flashdev9@gmail.com

Smile
View previous topic :: View next topic