Descent BB

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Descent BB Forum Index > Descent Support > D2XXL d1 and d2 sounds missing Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shaktazuki
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:50 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I originally posted this in the wrong forum.

How do I get the game sounds to work? Currently, there's silence beyond the MIDI.

Also: how do I alter the video settings to better approximate the original experience?

Thanks! I'm still impressed by all this, even if all the additions are not necessarily to my taste.
isaac
Hotshot

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:15 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Wow... That sounds like a bad installation. Do you have any other copies of descent?
shaktazuki
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:21 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

isaac wrote:
Wow... That sounds like a bad installation. Do you have any other copies of descent?

It was installed from an actual D2 v1.0 CD.
isaac
Hotshot

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:40 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Check to see if it needs a later version.
shaktazuki
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:55 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

isaac wrote:
Check to see if it needs a later version.

Already patched. Dos ver has sound, and always did. D2x-xl only has the d2x-xl sounds included with their executable. All files in the mandatory folders.
Krom
DBB Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:16 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Try using DXX-Rebirth instead, it has a more user friendly install and only requires a few files from the original D2 installation to work, plus its goal is to reproduce the original D1/D2 experience as best as possible with current generation hardware and software.

(19:11) [D3k]Gooberman: pffft, I didnt get owned baal, you just got 60 lucky fusion shots
shaktazuki
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:04 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Krom wrote:
Try using DXX-Rebirth instead, it has a more user friendly install and only requires a few files from the original D2 installation to work, plus its goal is to reproduce the original D1/D2 experience as best as possible with current generation hardware and software.

You have hit the nail on the head. That's EXACTLY what I am looking for.

... Except D2X-Rebirth crashes when Jukebox is enabled. poop.
Suncho
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:23 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Hmm. Let Zico know by posting in the forums at http://www.dxx-rebirth.com/.
BUBBALOU
Insane!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:22 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

next time read the read me

needs 1.2 just like every other addon for d2

and most likely you have installed, d2, d2x-xlbloatware and d2-rebirth all in the same directory - destined for major issues Surprised

path for sanity below

install d2 patch to 1.2 ( leave install alone as a virgin copy )

copy descent2 folder

rename in D2X

copy D2X folder

rename it D2X-XL

drop the downloaded Rebirth 0.54 files into D2X folder (set folder structure according to author in his/her respective readme)

make sure this is active in d2x-rebirths ini
-legacyhomers

drop the downloaded D2X-XL v1.13.xxxrelease changes hourly files into D2X-XL folder (set folder structure according to author in his/her/it respective readme)

add the following to D2x-xl's ini
-pureD2
-legacymode

ENJOY who got the joke