Descent BB

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Descent BB Forum Index > 6DoF Game Development > Unreal 3 descent mod Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isaac
Hotshot

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:30 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Has any one made a descent mod using unreal tournament Question I mean all you would have to do is make a pyro vehicle and a bunch of flying bad guys. Loosing and restocking ammo would have to be programmed in the game.
Other than that, making levels using Unrealed 3 is easy.
So has this been done yet? If so, i want to get involved!
Rook
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:27 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I think some one tried this a year or two ago, no?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:29 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Creating a Descent mod for UT3 is a waste of time. Mods like ChaosUT where canceled because UT3 lacks in support and interest. Even the UT3 Invasion was a flop.
isaac
Hotshot

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:16 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

....Gears of war, mirrors edge, and many others use Unreal engine 3. UT3 wasn't as big but the engine it ran on is very easy to use and looks great. But thanks for the comment tiger.

ANYWAY, if it had any kind of support it would potentially be the best version out yet! I wouldn't be surprised if Interplay was using Unreal3 to develop Descent 4 because of how CHEAP and how GOOD it would look.

Yes Rook! Close. That was the UT2004 mod which they did a nice job with.
View previous topic :: View next topic