Descent BB

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Descent BB Forum Index > D3 Servers and Server OPs > Removing AntiCheat Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pun
DBB Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:58 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I'm doing some testing on a new connection and I wanted to run without anticheat. I removed Anticheat.dll from the descent 3 folder. I'm using D3 Server 3. Now, whenever I try to start a server, I get a cannot load cfg file error. How do I fix this, please?
SuperSheep
Hotshot

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:40 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Howdy.

You'll have to remove all of the dll's from the Games\Descent3 directory for the game types you do not want protected by AntiCheat...

Anarchy.dll
Assault.dll
co-op.dll
ctf.dll
entropy.dll
guardian.dll
hoard.dll
hyper-Anarchy.dll
instareap.dll
monsterball.dll
robo-anarchy.dll
team anarchy.dll
team hoard.dll
team-instareap.dll
teams.dll

These are stub dll's and are called by d3 for anticheat functionality.

The AntiCheat.dll can actually be left in the directory.
JBOMB
DBB Cadet

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:00 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Sheep always knows what time it is..
++fyrephlie++
DBB PostBot

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:58 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

JBOMB wrote:

sorry... i know i shouldn't but:

lol

SuperSheep = SuperD3ServerAdmin

(19:45:53) JBOMBnsht : go brokebackmountain on that ass and fuck a dude...change it up..ya never know
Pun
DBB Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:29 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Thanks, Rob. <3
SuperSheep
Hotshot

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:41 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

++fyrephlie++ wrote:
JBOMB wrote:

sorry... i know i shouldn't but:

lol

SuperSheep = SuperD3ServerAdmin

Nah...I know this cause I wrote Anticheat. I've never even used a config file, I use D3Server to do all my dirtywork. Smile

np Pun. Maybe I should include removal instructions with it from now on. Very Happy
JBOMB
DBB Cadet

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:04 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

how does anti cheat work..or..what does it do..
did you install it pun?

howd you get everyone too dl it SS?
++fyrephlie++
DBB PostBot

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:09 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

JBOMB wrote:
how does anti cheat work..or..what does it do..
did you install it pun?

howd you get everyone too dl it SS?

gotta be server side only...

neat though, i am curious, how well does it work? since i can't imagine there are a lot of people still writing exploits.

(19:45:53) JBOMBnsht : go brokebackmountain on that ass and fuck a dude...change it up..ya never know
SuperSheep
Hotshot

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:36 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

It's server side only. If you are a server op who would like to use anti-cheat on your servers, go here...

http://www.vonclan.net/Games/D3AntiCheat.asp

And....

Anticheat is much more than just to stop cheaters.

It has a smoothing function (some like, some don't) that smooths ship movement for clients.

It has team-damage and a host of team game options that can be applied to any team game.

Fixes the fusion bug (some consider a feature) where if 2 or more people are touching and fusion hits one person, all die.

It has a minimum PPS setting that can be configured to kick people that don't meet a minimum PPS rate.

The website has all the info.
View previous topic :: View next topic