Descent BB

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Descent BB Forum Index > Descent Old School > I need help! Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rivin2e
Trainee

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:58 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Im trying to play descent 2 online but i dont have an IPX network and when i click modem/serial game is doesnt do anything. (well the box flashes)

Can someone help me?

Edit: Now i jsut need to know how to setup/join games
d3jake
Ace

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:16 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

http://dxx-rebirth.de/

All ya need.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:23 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

THANK YOU SO MUCH!! now i just need to warm up...
Rivin2e
Trainee

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:53 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

$%^&# it didnt work...
MD-2389
Insane!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:41 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

You have to stick the contents of the ziop into your game dir. (and you have to have the actual game installed for Rebirth to work)

Your D1 dir should look something like that. You can edit all the customizeable detail settings in the d1x.ini file, which you open with notepad.
Rivin2e
Trainee

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:55 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Its Descent 2 but i hope it will work just the same. Ill try that later. Thx
Rivin2e
Trainee

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:09 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

well i had to re-write some stuff but i got it working. thanks peopole. now to find an online game to play.....
Xfing
Trainee

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:16 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

DX-Rebirth series are awesome, I really like the feel of original Descent they reproduce. I think the MIDI sound cannot be converted back to "Sound Blaster Pro" version though, but who cares? Razz

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:54 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Xfing wrote:
DX-Rebirth series are awesome, I really like the feel of original Descent they reproduce. I think the MIDI sound cannot be converted back to "Sound Blaster Pro" version though, but who cares? Razz

take a look here quite a few purists have recorded mp3's of the original midi through various old soundcards to recreate that old skool sound. There are other sites around the net, but at least this is a start

Rivin2e wrote:
well i had to re-write some stuff but i got it working. thanks peopole. now to find an online game to play.....

If your an Old Player Fire up Kali