Descent BB

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Descent BB Forum Index > The DBB Testing Zone > quiet please..testing in progress Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
willkill
Ace

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:55 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

hmmm, pun my avatar is not updating for sum reason. It's only like 8kb so I'm pretty sure it's not too big.

edit:now that's better Smile

If you're gonna bluff, be prepared to strike..fast, hard and often..leaving nothing undone.

RIP Dad Ben Thompson Jan.6,1941-May5,2009
Rook
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:27 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Quote:
Only one image can be displayed at a time, its width can be no greater than 80 pixels, the height no greater than 80 pixels, and the file size no more than 49 KB.

check your image size.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:55 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

hmmm...
width=65 pixels height=65 pixels
horizontal res.=72 dpi
vertical res.= 72 dpi
bit depth = 24

so where does this leave me?

If you're gonna bluff, be prepared to strike..fast, hard and often..leaving nothing undone.

Pun
DBB Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:09 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Hmm. It's a jpg or gif, right? Not a png?
willkill
Ace

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:57 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

def' a jpg..

Rook
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:56 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

did you try a different image?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:25 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

umm, I don't want a dif' image Razz

^^see above Smile

Pun
DBB Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:04 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Nice Nietzsche quote.
willkill
Ace

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 6:06 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

ty

Rook
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:30 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

willkill wrote:
umm, I don't want a dif' image Razz

^^see above Smile

I meant as a test. Out of interest, what was the problem and how did you resolve it?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:22 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

PEBKAC, methinks.
willkill
Ace

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:59 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Pun wrote:
SIXPAC, methinks.

Rolling Eyes I don't know what that means but I suppose he's talking about my stomach Razz Very Happy

Rook, I'm not sure what I did but here's the process;

1)copied it to my HD (from it's original locale)

2)upload image to photobucket

3)resize image to avatar size within photobucket

4)repost to DBB with linkage to PB Wink

lemme know if that's too technical fer ya, I getta lil overzealous sumtimes Laughing

Rook
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:26 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

You couldn't just upload an image to the BB like everyone else?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:36 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Rook wrote:
You couldn't just upload an image to the BB like everyone else?

not quite sure how u mean that but I'll answer to the best of my understanding. I tried to upload it to the BB but it would'nt take for some reason. So, I used the closest image edit proggy I knew of.

is there a problem I need to be aware of?

Rook
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:15 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

What I mean is most people just upload an image from their computer and don't get online image services involved. The only problem was that something didn't work. You still haven't said what the problem was. I do not know if this is something I need to look into or if it was just operator error. Explaining how you resolved your issue may help other people here in the future.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:57 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Ahhh.. I see.

Believe me bro, if I knew what it was I did, I'd be the rushin' up here to post Very Happy

As it were, I just did what I felt would work. Sorry I can't be of more help.
If I come across anything I feel is relevant, I will post it.

Rook
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:16 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Smile

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:19 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Pun wrote:
PEBKAC?, methinks.

umm, I was hoping you would have indulged my curiosity by now Pun Crying or Very sad

Wink <<<this lil fella looks like he could use some ex-lax Very Happy

Hattrick
Hog Whisperer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:25 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

problem exists between keyboard and chair.

**Disclaimer**
If your post was sarcasm, I retract my above sentence and claim PBC (Posting before coffee) as the reason I did not catch it! Wink

/me ambles off to pour a cup of liquid gold.

DBB Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:36 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I still laugh every time I see your fuckin' avatar, Greg.
willkill
Ace

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:54 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Hattrick wrote:
problem exists between keyboard and chair.

Very Happy lmao..good stuff, even if it is true Confused

I may not be the sharpest crayon in the box, but I know if a tree makes a noise when it falls and a bear is shittin' just 100 yards away Laughing

Hattrick
Hog Whisperer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:35 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Pun wrote:
I still laugh every time I see your fuckin' avatar, Greg.

Smile

So do I vince Razz

Ace

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:25 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

fkn update

Neo
[deleted]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:03 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

now change your sig and everything will be A-OK Razz
willkill
Ace

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:47 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

done! Cool

View previous topic :: View next topic