Descent BB

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Descent BB Forum Index > Descent Support > Descent 3 - Linux Version Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lotus-6

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:55 pm Reply with quote

I've been researching this, and apparently someone on here had a conversion pack t o convert the stuff on the original CD to work on Linux somehow, but all of the old links to it are dead... does anyone know where to get this file or the Linux version of Descent 3?

Thanks
Suncho
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:02 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Some people were talking about making something like that, but I don't think it ever materialized. =/

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:10 am Reply with quote

Your best bet would be to run a Windows installation under Wine or Cedega (fully patched, of course). Then, select the OpenGL renderer for best performance. For the compatibility layer, use Wine/Cedega in Windows 2000 or XP mode to better match the game to your current hardware.

As far as purchasing the Linux CD... good luck. Smile Tuxgames.com seems to have it, but it sells for $23 U.S. Heh? Should be less than that now... I bought mine for $5 at a EBgames store back in 2003, along with a Linux copy of Heavy Gear II.

At least if you have the Windows version, editing new levels with the downloadable tools might be easier than if you had the Linux one. Can't say how difficult, though... could be wrong. Never tried it myself.
View previous topic :: View next topic