Descent BB

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Descent BB Forum Index > The DBB Gallery > Web Site Feedback Please Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mickey1
Hotshot

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:10 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I want to sell my art on eBay. Do you think my site is too lame. I used the free site builder from Verizon. Sticks and stones welcome.

http://mysite.verizon.net/mickey1art/

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:56 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

your site sucks, your youtube page is classic and your art is AWESOME!
love the pottery mickey...very sweet... Smile

jk your site is not the worst....funny that on your youtube page you have you in abend..id expect nothing less...also uh..

whats this?
http://mysite.verizon.net/mickey1art/id8.html Smile
Mickey1
Hotshot

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:16 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Foot pedal rocker system I made for D3 to have 4 more buttons to push. Most of the time my fingers don't leave their home keys. Too old to move and twitch. Left foot: heel-slide up and toe-slide down. Right foot: toe-roll right and heel-roll left. They have lasted since the D3 Demo. The pedals works great with Keyboard and mouse.

A short list of the reasons the site sucks would help. I just need a simple site to host eBay listings.

Thanks for the help JBOMB!

The high res version of D3 A2 M1 is on my Stage6 site. Better to see the secondary chuckin goodness inside.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:16 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

ok...couple things mickey...because your site is so minimal (just black with your images)..it actually works in your favor...in other words..it looks like you wanted it that way thus giving it a style.

But if you are getting serious about that site being for commercial use i would say get rid of all the descent stuff, the family and all personal stuff and put that elsewhere for starters..

Then get someone here to make you a logo of of some sort....You have straight forward navigation and straight forward design....i would make your home page images buttons that lead to other pages instead of just a larger image of your art..(i speak of your pottery area)..On the page would be a description of the art type with perhaps more images for someone to look at for that area...
then you go from there..If you keep playing around with it and showing i will advise you further if you want..keep it up!
Mickey1
Hotshot

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:35 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

JBOMB thanks. Simple is what I want. I'll work on your suggestions. How about this for a logo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:38 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

whatever you like...i would recommend cleaning it up a bit and letting the user know its your logo by adding to it a bit perhaps with a name...

Something along the lines of:

can has if likes Smile
Mickey1
Hotshot

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:37 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

JBOMB thanks. I like it but need to do my own. I need to get KPT6 so I can Goo the tile to a 3D model. Worked on the text.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:56 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Suggest using a font more fitting for Japanese art.
Mickey1
Hotshot

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:00 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Ok, 5 hours in 3ds made me do it.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:01 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Pun can you give me a name of that font. How are these?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:11 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I think 3D text in general totally clashes with the organic nature of the image.
Mickey1
Hotshot

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:48 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I did start having too much fun playing in 3DS. Thanks