Descent BB

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Descent BB Forum Index > DBB Distributed Computing > WU's disappearing Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Radman
Trainee

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:12 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I'm about to shut this sh!t down.

I just lost my 2nd 500 point WU today, It happened a few days ago when I completed a 1760 point SMP WU about 10 minutes after completing a 500 WU. Only the 1760 one counted.

This morning, I had 3 machine finish within a few hours of each other all working on 500 point WU's.. only 2 posted. Not sure which machine didn't count this time. Each log says that the WU was sent fine and thanked me for the contribution and proceeded to download the next project. None of the projects had any interuptions or crashes or anything.. they folded from start to end OK.

Anyway, with their forums being down and loosing 1000 points in one week, it's starting to piss me off a bit.

Seriously FUBAR
Grendel
Ninja Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:17 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Counted where ? I know there's some lag in distributing the databases, didn't miss a single point so far (I believe.. Smile)

Trainee

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:05 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Counting on the F@H user stats and confirmed with the Extreme OC stats. I know it's not lag time. The first missing WU never showed up and it's been 3 or 4 days. The other 3 stats turned in from about 4am to 7am. Two showed up just fine within an hour of completion, but the 3rd didn't however.

I seem to only be getting the 2420 thru 2047 projects on all my machines lately. they are all worth 500 points so this is why I'm not certain which project didn't count this mornings. I do have all the logs from the first missing WU tho. it was a project 2421.
Radman
Trainee

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:38 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Grendel wrote:
...didn't miss a single point so far (I believe.. Smile)

Well you just turned in a 2 point WU... lol, I think I'd check on that one. Maybe early termination?
Grendel
Ninja Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:43 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Quote:
[00:30:44] Completed 7500 out of 250000 steps (3)
[01:21:59] Writing local files
[01:22:00] Completed 10000 out of 250000 steps (4)
[01:43:35] Gromacs cannot continue further.
[01:43:35] Going to send back what have done.
[01:43:35] logfile size: 13949
[01:43:35] - Writing 14485 bytes of core data to disk...
[01:43:35] ... Done.
[01:43:35]
[01:43:35] Folding@home Core Shutdown: EARLY_UNIT_END
[01:43:37] CoreStatus = 72 (114)
[01:43:37] Sending work to server

[01:43:37] + Attempting to send results
[01:43:37] + Results successfully sent
[01:43:37] Thank you for your contribution to Folding@Home.
[01:43:41] - Preparing to get new work unit...
[01:43:41] + Attempting to get work packet
[01:43:41] - Connecting to assignment server
[01:43:42] - Successful: assigned to (xxx.xx.xxx.xxx).
[01:43:42] + News From Folding@Home: Welcome to Folding@Home
[01:43:42] Loaded queue successfully.
[01:44:10] + Closed connections
[01:44:15]
[01:44:15] + Processing work unit
[01:44:15] Core required: FahCore_78.exe
[01:44:15] Core found.
[01:44:15] Working on Unit 08 [August 25 01:44:15]
[01:44:15] + Working ...
[01:44:16]
[01:44:16] *------------------------------*
[01:44:16] Folding@Home Gromacs Core
[01:44:16] Version 1.90 (March 8, 2006)
[01:44:16]
[01:44:16] Preparing to commence simulation
[01:44:16] - Looking at optimizations...
[01:44:16] - Created dyn
[01:44:16] - Files status OK
[01:44:22] - Expanded 3064031 -> 16585961 (decompressed 541.3 percent)
[01:44:23] - Starting from initial work packet
[01:44:23]
[01:44:23] Project: 2421 (Run 13, Clone 1, Gen 4)

Smile

Radman wrote:
Counting on the F@H user stats and confirmed with the Extreme OC stats. I know it's not lag time. The first missing WU never showed up and it's been 3 or 4 days. The other 3 stats turned in from about 4am to 7am. Two showed up just fine within an hour of completion, but the 3rd didn't however.

Odd. Is that always the same machines that don't show up ? Maybe the name wrong ?

Trainee

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:13 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

That was the first thing I checked on the first missing WU. Name and team number were correct. Like I said, it ran uninterupted. The work unit before that scored just fine. It was also a 24XX WU. Here is the clip from that log:

http://www.autoadart.com/Lost_WU.txt

The one early this morning, I don't know which machine it came from. I had 3 computers all finish a 500 point WU within a 3 hour span. Only 2 registered. All 3 said "Results successfully sent". Since they were all 3 500 pointers and the stats don't tell you which WU you sent at what time, I don't know which of the 3 didn't register.

I should have registered 4 WU's today including my SMP machine. Instead it only shows 3.

Edit: btw, Grendel, Corvallis is a nice place. I spent 3 weeks there one summer during Highschool. Met the girl of my dreams Razz Too bad we lost contact like a week after I came home. I'm looking at houses in the Coos Bay area right now. California has just become too expensive to live and have a business in. more than half of my work is coming from a promotions company in Medford and from Coos Bay Nissan.
AceCombat
SpongeBob

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 2:05 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

my machine cant seem to contact the work server to turn in its results.... ive tried reinstalling, and everything. i dropped my firewall, opened up ports on my router, it simply refuses to send in the results! Confused

Trainee

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:21 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

yeah I read your delima over at the .net site.

Seems like you having some issues with your router connecting to the F@H site. I havn't run across that probem myself. My units seem to connnect without a problem. They just don't register when they get there.

I've stopped all my folding for the time being. I'll wait till I can find out from a mod what is going on with my production. I'm paying almost $4.00 over the kilowatt hour of $12.40 average Calif rate for energy usage right now. Folding adds up. It's not so much the folding machine energy consumption as the air conditioning having to run almost 24/7 to cool down the office from all the machines kicking out hot air.

In the 1 month I folded, my elecrical bill went up over $300. I can't help to think Stanford knows what a good thing they have going here. I would think the impact on the environment would far outweigh any medical breakthru this project will produce. I don't say this with a light heart since I'm a Kidney cancer patient myself.

In the next few years the supercomputers they are building will be computing over 10 petaflops (100x's what F@H produces).. at about 12 watts per module. Right now it taking taking huge amounts of energy to compute these calculations on average PC's

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Gene

I can't help to think what the impact on our environment is with these home spun CPU calculations from macines running 600 to 750 watt power supplies.
Grendel
Ninja Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:42 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Yeah, I calculated about 1 kW/h/day on top of my bill. It's a lot cheaper here tho :/ Thanks for trying, maybe in the winter again ? Wink

Insane!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:19 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Maybe you should consider an alternate cooling method?
Radman
Trainee

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:32 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I guess this has been an issue with alot more people than just me.

http://forum.folding-community.org/ftopic20898.html

I'm going to post the one missing WU over at the Helix forum. Not much I can do about the other missing WU since I don't know which of the 3 24XX WU's didn't count.

If you guys are running P2420, P2421, or P2422, keep an eye on your stats when they upload. They may not register.
Grendel
Ninja Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:59 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Nah.

Paula wrote:
Hi everybody. I am back and working on this right now.
Please bear with me and be patient. The server stills holds the data. I just have to go through the logs and recredit, *independently* if you sent me the info or not. I will then go through the list in the threads and make sure each case is addressed.
Everything would hopefully be tackled with by the end of this week.
Thanks,
Paula

Trainee

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:05 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Grendel wrote:
Nah.

Paula wrote:
......recredit, *independently* if you sent me the info or not. .....

I take that I don't need to report my missing WU's by this? I havn't so I'll just wait and see what happens. No credits so far.

My game machine grabbed 2420 again yesterday and I immediately flushed it and grabbed another project just to be on the safe side Razz
Radman
Trainee

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:38 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

looks like I got my missing WU's back tonight

http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=266535

I never did post them as missing so it was a nice surprise.
View previous topic :: View next topic