Descent BB

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Descent BB Forum Index > Descent Single Player > Annoying D3 Bots Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dedman
Insane!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:20 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

What bot in D3 single player pisses you off the most.

For me it's the little purple shark dudes. They are just plain obnoxious.
Testiculese
Insane!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:40 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

The little orbots. Pain in the ass to hit.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:47 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Guidebot. Hard to hit too.

2*pi*r

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:13 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Grendel wrote:
Guidebot. Hard to hit too.

LOL, yes! Very Happy

Insane!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:25 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Which ones are the orbots?
Testiculese
Insane!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 4:58 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

This guy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 4:59 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

People hit me all the time when I play my Guide Bot audio taunts Razz

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:18 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

heh, i cant stand the sharks either, and that one bot that self destructs when you start to fire on it, and it blasts you with frag shrapenel

DBB Cadet

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:53 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

i chose FyrePhlie Smile
Dedman
Insane!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:59 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Testiculese wrote:
This guy

Oh yeah, those things piss me off too!
d3jake
Ace

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:21 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

AceCombat wrote:
heh, i cant stand the sharks either, and that one bot that self destructs when you start to fire on it, and it blasts you with frag shrapenel

Called a Spyhunter BTW.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:27 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

AceCombat wrote:

Two words:

Advanced missile. Very Happy

(inside joke here ppl, play the Pyromania mod with the GX to see what I mean)
AceCombat
SpongeBob

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:51 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

oh shit, dont remind me again

Insane!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:43 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Actually, I'd have to say BoTS^Warpig was the most annoying Wink

I'm just funnin', I like Warpig, when he's actually visible in the game! haha

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:16 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

At least he doesn't drop cameras...to my knowlage.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:57 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

AceCombat wrote:
oh shit, dont remind me again

hehe

I could've sworn you were going to slam your headset down at one point. Razz
AceCombat
SpongeBob

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:40 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

BAHAHAHAH!! nah, just AB- and chording to get that god damn thing off my ass

Insane!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:32 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

AceCombat wrote:

That was some funny shit man. I never laughed so hard during a game in my entire life. Razz I'd be flying along, then I'd hear you yelling your head off! Laughing
Ferno
BDSM Fanatic

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 2:02 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I'm suprised no one mentioned the thiefbot.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 2:06 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

MD-2389 wrote:
AceCombat wrote:

That was some funny shit man. I never laughed so hard during a game in my entire life. Razz I'd be flying along, then I'd hear you yelling your head off! Laughing

you should have recorded it! Wink

Hotshot

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 4:54 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Ferno wrote:
I'm suprised no one mentioned the thiefbot.

Wasn't that a D2 bot? But yeah, I could never figure out how that twitchy little bitch snuck up on me so effectively! Hunting him down was quite the feat...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 7:52 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

You don't have to hunt him at all. Just go into a room with no exit, and drop a smart mine on your side of the door, turn around, move a ship or two ahead, and wait, he'll be there in about 2 minutes to plow into the smart mine. Do it again, and he's done.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:52 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I'll have to remember that. Perhaps that's why he wasn't brought back for D3?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 6:25 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

huh?!?! he was most definitely brought back for D3?

BDSM Fanatic

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 2:16 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

oh yea. and as irritating as ever.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:14 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

It may just have been the layout of the levels, or where I always found him, but the thief was easy to kill and a whimp compared to the D2 Thief.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:10 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Sedwick wrote:

You obviously have not played a single D3 level. Wink

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0i_woeqspk0 Look at time index 3:38. If you wanna see the Thiefbot on steroids (this one not only steals your shit, but uses it against you!) then watch this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnl-Ro7_XQs&NR=1

Though I did find something highly amusing while searching for a screenshot of the thiefbot. Wink

Oh, and apparently descent2.com has expired.
Sedwick
Hotshot

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:13 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

MD-2389 wrote:
Sedwick wrote:

You obviously have not played a single D3 level. Wink

It was 6 years ago, and I didn't finish. Consider me corrected.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:35 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Guidebot.

Annoys me the most because you can't use him in co-op without the server crashing. Sad Sad
Neo
[deleted]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 12:34 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I love the Advanced Missiles =D

The most annoying bot in D3? Not the thief... he's not in every level like in D2. =P I'd have to say... um... most of them. :P Most of the bots in D3 are too aggressive and just come charging at my ship. That's lame and doesn't give me a chance to shoot them. :P
Delia
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 2:00 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Advanced Missiles... mmmmmm!
DigiJo
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 6:45 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

this purple shark-bot dude was the most annoying in my book. cmon, some flying fish attacks you with some karate-kid moves, rips of your shield like crazy on any attack and is very hard to hit and to kill...
that bot was surreal. guess the idea for this bot came to the d3-dev team on weed-day Very Happy
++fyrephlie++
DBB PostBot

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 10:09 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

JBOMB wrote:
i chose FyrePhlie Smile

You bastard!

(19:45:53) JBOMBnsht : go brokebackmountain on that ass and fuck a dude...change it up..ya never know
Xfing
Trainee

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:24 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

If Boss robots count into this, I am forced to say Homunculus Smile