Descent BB

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Descent BB Forum Index > Descent Support > My Computer is Strong but, I can't start the game Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:01 am Reply with quote

I can't uninstall the game,
When i try to put the detail level, i still can't start the game no matter what.
My Computer should be able to play the game because, its fast and its in high speed which meant, when i tried to start the game, every time, the Cpu Speed was Unknown and i set up every single thing.
This is happening only on Descent 3 on my full version, even on the demo it won't work

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:04 am Reply with quote

High Memory Space, 3.00 GHz ,

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:08 am Reply with quote

Oh, i forgot, by the way, I'm not using any patches, its just the normal version of D3, but should i use patches?
Testiculese
Insane!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:16 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Yes, you need the 1.4 patch. Check the multiplayer forum for the links

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:39 am Reply with quote

Its still showing the problem

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:56 am Reply with quote

The Only Problems are how to uninstall it which isn't much of a problem and
the CPU Speed which makes of the whole problem of doing this, making me unable to access the game and play it

CPU Speed: Unknown
And the detail level is already set

Captainkat
Trainee

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:30 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I'M the guest that made the post, i just wanted to register and well i did,

Anyways, it shows that the Detail Level Setting Not Configured and I already did, no mistake, i just clicked "OK" and well, in my opinion, the problem is the CPU Speed shows itself Unknown... It sounds very strange, maybe a file is missing or something? because that sounds like it Sad Crying or Very sad

I even reinstalled the game and it still didn't work

i really need help

Captainkat
Trainee

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:10 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I need help.......

Grendel
Ninja Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:25 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I doubt that's a problem. If I click Detect on my system I get the same thing -- unknown speed. Just let it detect it once and start the game. Set your detail level from w/in the game.

Trainee

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:38 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Still doesn't work

Foil
2*pi*r

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:58 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

"Unknown Speed" is not a problem. It happens because D3 was made long before modern processors were developed. The game will run fine, it doesn't matter.

Trainee

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:00 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

But the thing is that i can't play the game cuz it says that i didn't put the detail lvl which i did

Testiculese
Insane!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:29 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Maybe your registry isn't being set correctly, anyone have a reg file of the registry entries?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:35 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Try switching to OpenGL in the video tab.
Foil
2*pi*r

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:41 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Have you run the "auto-detect" on the video and audio tabs? You have to do that, as well.

Trainee

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:55 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I already did auto-detect, I'm not sure if OpenGL will work,
Testiculese, what did you mean by the registry?

Captainkat
Trainee

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:00 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

You mean the Registry Editor?

Captainkat
Trainee

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:19 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

There is some idea that i think that might be good,
Descent 3 isn't showing in the Add/Remove Programs and it doesn't have a Uninstall file, all the Descent 3 files are there.

Adding a program in the add\remove program button might not work, I'll just save that idea for later just incase.

Captainkat
Trainee

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:13 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Well that idea didn't work

Grendel
Ninja Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:16 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Sounds like you copied the game instead of installing it. Delete everything and reinstall using the CDs..

Trainee

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:27 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I didn't copy the game, i used the exact cds and well it just didn't work, i already did reinstall the game and uninstalled the game

Captainkat
Trainee

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:07 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Its a really a unusual and strange problem, theres no viruses also. Crying or Very sad Surprised Sad Sad

Grendel
Ninja Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:41 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Do you have administrator rights on that PC ?

After going through the setup (video, sound, detail etc.), open a command shell, switch to c:\games\descent3 and execute

MAIN.EXE -launched -nointro

Go through the games configuration and quit. Try the launcher again.

Trainee

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:31 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Not really, i guess the was the problem there

the command shell has always been on "Games" Folder
But thanks for the help anyways Very Happy

View previous topic :: View next topic