Descent BB

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Descent BB Forum Index > Descent Multiplayer > Suncho's Top 40 Players in Descent 3 Circa 11/12/2000 Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LotharBot
Hotshot

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:04 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Foil wrote:
Magnet0 wrote:
...Suncho aka Lothar...

LOL! Razz

Wow.
Behemoth
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:55 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Darktalyn wrote:
There aren't three people on that list that could beat me 1v1 :p

The only thing that keeps it even close to respectable is the "circa 2000"

Sfuzzi ranked 20+ spots ahead of me yet I beat her at suncoast LAN in a 1v1 around the same time this list was made is lol

No hate. Just the facts. Smile

heh, i feel the same way, not one of those guys could touch me sadly
i'm glad you two have provided decent competition the past couple years though ;p
Neo
[deleted]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:19 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

LAN puppies don't count. ^_~
SpudPuddle
Trainee

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:21 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I am honored to be on the list, however, not sure how I made it there Wink the only LAN I was able to attend was skyrats michigan LAN with Jazzejet. I believe that is where Skyrat released his new level, pyroglyphics. I can't really remember back that far, I do know that I skipped my highschool prom to go... my gf at the time broke up with me thereafter lol. I took a 9 year hiatus when I started going to college, and no longer could afford internet access. I have recently become a d3 addict AGAIN! and over the past three months I have played every day. There is no game on earth like this one... I wish more pilots would return.
I came across some old stat files and clan matches if anyone is interested to see if they are in any of them. http://www.monkeychow.com/d59/matches.html
- Spud.
Behemoth
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:14 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Neo wrote:

no one counts unless they suck right?
Fiend
Hotshot

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:09 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

it seems u aren't real until u attend a LAN. I recall 1st meeting Suncho in NRH TX. We shook hands, I said "I'm Fiend", he asked "you're REAL?"... then he preceded to own me in-game....
Neo
[deleted]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:26 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I don't think the problem of latency is isolated to online games, I just think d3 is a piece of crap

Behemoth wrote:
Neo wrote:

no one counts unless they suck right?

John Maxwell wrote:
People don't care how much you know until they know how much you care.
Magnet0
Trainee

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 7:49 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Silly stuff. Back in 2000-2001 I was almost able to beat Suncho 1v1, and I (like now) was all keys. Not nearly as good then as I am now at all keys, but, looking at this list (I was Pissedoff back then), as usual I notice I was not thought of for honors... lol Not that I care, it's just typical and humorous. Also, a few others are missing off this list who were so much better than I was/am. Cuba, DJ-Fuck (who was on a later list, but shouldn't have been #7) and some others I forget... DJ-Fuck was better than KAHA, and KAHA knew/knows it. I even asked Checkor one time why DJ didn't play anymore, he told me, word for word, "He got bored because no one was at his level." I once saw him go 60 - 1 in pyroglyphic... that's a sick feat, especially since there were a couple decent people in there, and only 3-4 noobs. He mostly used MD, w/o ever missing a shot. Anyhow, as Patrick Bateman says at the end of American Psycho, "This confession has meant nothing."
Thorne
Ace

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 8:08 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Magnet0 wrote:
as usual I notice I was not thought of for honors... lol Not that I care, it's just typical and humorous.

"Honors" are given based on the perception of players who play against a lot of people and run into you among them, not by a panel of judges who's sole aim is to carefully watch the action and determine where you stand. I get left out a fair bit, and I'm included once in a while. It's perception, that's all. If I pull a particularly effective move against a pilot the 3 times out of a game that I happen to encounter them, I must be lead badass. More likely than not most folks tend to push the better players that they happen to play against the most higher in their estimation. It isn't fair, its perception. That's what ladders are for. Wink

Ace

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 9:28 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I'm better than you Thorne.
Magnet0
Trainee

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:01 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Thorne wrote:
Magnet0 wrote:
as usual I notice I was not thought of for honors... lol Not that I care, it's just typical and humorous.

"Honors" are given based on the perception of players who play against a lot of people and run into you among them, not by a panel of judges who's sole aim is to carefully watch the action and determine where you stand. I get left out a fair bit, and I'm included once in a while. It's perception, that's all. If I pull a particularly effective move against a pilot the 3 times out of a game that I happen to encounter them, I must be lead badass. More likely than not most folks tend to push the better players that they happen to play against the most higher in their estimation. It isn't fair, its perception. That's what ladders are for. Wink

Makes sense... perception is pretty much everything anyhow. I know you've beaten me a 'few times' Sergent. I'll get you someday when you least expect it.
Neo
[deleted]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:44 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Sounds heinous.
Fiend
Hotshot

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:57 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

i hate everyone, esp u.
Hunter
Hotshot

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:39 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Man, miss some of the names in those lists.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:55 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

The Rock wrote
**The best and most entertaining person to play at a LAN with, IMO is J_Oh =]

RIP :

On this I agree
He was my very good friend.
John, Vlider and myself all rode to TheCalif. lan together. cant remember Vliders alais the one every one hated.The whole way to calif. J-Oh kept
on and on about how he hoped that guy was there. The whole time he was rideing in the back seat. Anyway just thought id share that.

TWD-99
[TA]Kracon
Trainee

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:45 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Suncho's hair is on fire. I have pics for the red flamers proof.

[TA] had just packed up from that cali-fest just before J-oh was lost.

Later I flew under is old [TA] name in the tank in his honor.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:16 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

That was the first lan that I didant go to with John Crying or Very sad In 3 years. I guess in my mind he is still in Calif. playing D-3.

Tell Who Dunnit
The_Rock
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:30 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Cool
Fiend
Hotshot

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:36 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

TWD99 wrote:
That was the first lan that I didant go to with John Crying or Very sad In 3 years. I guess in my mind he is still in Calif. playing D-3.

Bud he made it until the very end.
Suncho
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:39 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Magnet0 wrote:
I once saw him go 60 - 1 in pyroglyphic... that's a sick feat, especially since there were a couple decent people in there, and only 3-4 noobs. He mostly used MD, w/o ever missing a shot. Anyhow, as Patrick Bateman says at the end of American Psycho, "This confession has meant nothing."

I call BS. Pyroglyphic doesn't have MD ammo. He'd have to die to get more ammo.
Pun
DBB Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:23 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Suncho!
nate
Trainee

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:35 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

This thread is awesome.

It's also keenly uncanny to see the name Suncho next to the year 2011..
Neo
[deleted]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 1:40 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Fiend wrote:
i hate everyone, esp u.

I don't. Razz
Fiend
Hotshot

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:52 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

TWD99 wrote:
The Rock wrote
**The best and most entertaining person to play at a LAN with, IMO is J_Oh =]

RIP :

On this I agree
He was my very good friend.
John, Vlider and myself all rode to TheCalif. lan together. cant remember Vliders alais the one every one hated.The whole way to calif. J-Oh kept
on and on about how he hoped that guy was there. The whole time he was rideing in the back seat. Anyway just thought id share that.

TWD-99

INGUS
LunchBox
Rookie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:51 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

J-Oh man what a genuine great person. At that last Cali-Fest he was ready to buy me a Computer because the airline lost mine. It did show up an hour or so later. I seem to remember someone needed a room and he paid for it for them.

Thats just how he was though. He wanted to make sure everyone could have as much fun as he did. I am not really sure that is possible though. If you ever played with him. YOU KNOW EXACTLY WHAT I MEAN. I don't think I will ever forget that gregarious laugh even when you were managing to beat up on him a bit.

It was an honor playing with him and meeting him like we did. Oh yea. I just wanna put it out there. I slid an original unopened copy of D3 in his casket at his funeral just to make sure he had it on the otherside.
Vander
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:11 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I'm number 3! I'm number 3!
Sickone
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:36 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Crap Vander - you breathe Smile

You were always number 1 with me.
Well unless Nirv was on his knees Smile
Ferno
BDSM Fanatic

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:52 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

sickone getting a hummer from nirv. LOL what a fucked up mental image.
The_Rock
Rookie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:51 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

brings back so many memories.. lets see how long we can keep this alive! Smile
Neo
[deleted]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:13 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Jesus Freak and The Rock made the only sensible lists lol
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic