Descent BB

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Descent BB Forum Index > Descent Multiplayer > Suncho's Top 40 Players in Descent 3 Circa 11/12/2000 Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
instig8
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 1:41 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I don't think I made the list cause I suck, normally. I served d2 games since the beginning on my T1. 1.54 megabits, baby... to the dome.

Most realise that you cannot technically serve a d2 game. However, I hosted p2p games by being the game starter and not playing. I would hop in and chat all the time.

Most d2ers might know me as Fluffy. An awesome nick from someone who would royally kick your ass. =)

[13:51] [8]PunAtWork: g8, you're a frickin genius
[13:51] Me: what?
[13:52] JBoMbAtWoRk: yeah im with him man, yer a genius
JazzyJet
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 10:13 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

good times
reading this makes me want to lan again
Palzon
Hotshot

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 12:23 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Suncho wrote:
Sfuzzi and I owned Sandmann and Bigrye at Broodfest about a week after I created that list. That's all I know. =)

Then 3 years later we did it again to Pally and Hostile. =D

ALAMO!!! ALAMO!!! ALAMO!!!

correction - suncho and suncho owned us. i dont remember sfuzzi having much to do with it.

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 8:03 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Nice list Suncho. For the heck of it, I decided to do a rendition on your list, using the same players but re-arranging according to my opinion. I have played most of the players on that list. For the ones I haven't played, I simply didn't change their rank. Here's my version:

1. Birdseye (Asylum)
2. Nirvana (Asylum)
3. Vander/NyQuil (lots of aliases) (Asylum)
4. Fatal/Money ($50,000 Champion)
5. Suncho
6. KAHA
7. The Rock/MeAn_GrEEn (Asylum)
8. Mac/D3Mac
9. DJ-Fuck
10. Ryujin
11. TWS
12. Barry/Fusion Pimp (lots of aliases) (Asylum)
13. One
14. Darak
15. Genghis
16. skot
17. Hostile
18. Sandmann
19. Jazzy-Jet
20. Skorpion
21. Sfuzzi
22. Sick One (Asylum)
23. bash
24. CritterB/Critt
25. Readyman
26. Palzon
27. Scratch
28. Meshac
29. Vlider
30. Soulja
31. Darktalyn
32. yabayo/longchimp
33. Solid/Busta
34. Slim_Shady
35. Mousepad
36. Kyle
37. SpudPuddle
38. CrAcK
39. reddough
40. Wavtrade[/quote]
JBOMB
DBB Cadet

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 8:04 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

heh...jesusfreak nsht....nice!
D3Alien
Hotshot

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 12:25 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

JF, why'd you move Genghis so far down? G's a beast, even in his fading years he could rip apart just about anyone.

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 5:20 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

think its just random ppl cept for birds being the top, for gods sake he has sfuzzi on top of dt ;p

"ShadowFox126: TW, just hold 50%, I'll do the rest."
shadowfox 19-25 twolvesfan 28-27
jesusfr3ak4evr
Ace

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 5:59 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I had reasoning for my ranks, Zero. I'm a different person than Suncho, and I play differently, with different weaknesses and strengths. This more than anything is how well people played against me, including the past and present. Like I'm saying Birdseye played better against me than Vander, for instance.

The top 5 is not very controversial to me at all. Many of us can agree on that.

Genghis is 14th on my list. That's a very respectable position.

DT is a very good player also, but it's because my latest impression of his rusty self (like me right now, hehe) that's lowering his position.

But probably more than anything, I lowered the people I've actually won against in a 1v1 match (including Genghis).

The biggest changes I made are:

Suncho. You're obviously being far too modest in your self rank.

One. Remember [TA]One? I do, and I remember him as being one hot player. He's as good as Max T in my book.

Darak impressed me a lot also. I remember games where he played better than Genghis.

Sandmann. I'm sorry, just had to lower his position. Again, a player I won against, even on dial-up.

Jazzy Jet. I was really impressed by his performance at Chilan. He's definitely got a lot of skielz.

Palzon. Similar to Sandmann.

Vlider. Again similar to Sandmann, though I really respect Vlider as the captain of DmC back in teh day.

Mousepad. Another good player, but not a stand out. I remember him from my DmC days.
D3Alien
Hotshot

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 10:54 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Quote:
One. Remember [TA]One? I do, and I remember him as being one hot player. He's as good as Max T in my book.

Possibly one of the most underrated players ever. That may be because he usually flew under an alias.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:05 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

1. Birdseye (Asylum)
2. Nirvana (Asylum)
3. Vander (Asylum)
4. Fatal
5. Genghis
6. Kaha
7. The Rock (Asylum)
8. Bah
9. Sandmann
10.Vlider
11.ReadyMan
12.Krom
13.Ryujin
14.Barry
15.Diablo
16.skot
17.Hostile
18.Sick_On (Asylum)
19.DarkTalyn
20.Darak

**The best and most entertaining person to play at a LAN with, IMO is J_Oh =]
Thorne
Ace

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:22 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

My goal is to be the top 2 in D3... you think I've got a shot?

Ace

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:46 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Thorne wrote:
My goal is to be the top 2 in D3... you think I've got a shot?
Not unless you're two people.
Bunyip
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:44 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

He is... clark kent and stupermannn... duh.

Thorne
Ace

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:21 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Roses are red, violets are blue, I'm a schizophrenic, and so am I.

Rookie

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 4:27 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Rise I say, Rise from the Dead... Yes, I resurrected an old thread...
I almost couldn't stop laughing. I stumbled upon this thread, and damn near sh!t myself.

First, I am honored to have been on the list, no matter how undeserved Smile
No way I was top 40 at that point. There was a time (a short time) I may have been top 40 in D3 only.

Second, Jbomb... you are correct you were better than me. Likely a better human being as well. Now come back play some Smile

What I will say with a little pride... is that the 'Asylum' boys seem to shine on everyones list. I will say again, I really didn't fully appreciate at the time what great fun it was. What a great group of guys got together every week.

Nirv has actually been back Playing a few times in the last week. Fusion Pimp, [TA] One, myself, and a couple others are playing every night currently.

Birdseye hasn't answered my emails(I should have been more gentle the last time I saw him).
Vander answered just last night. Says he is doing well, but doesn't play anymore - doesn't even have a joystick.

I actually got a PM from {ROX}Murph today also.

Strange... 10 years isn't really that much time, and in other ways it is lifetimes.
TheWhat
Insane!

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 11:52 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I'm glad you have found interest in descent again sickone. You alone might give this rotting corpse a few more years.

Barry Wastemore jr taught me how to bank way back in Pyroglyphic when it first came out. I had been playing for months with no such concept in my dull brains.

If I am awake and not pumping cum into a frozen turkey or doing shitty one off songs I may join you. I remember Birdseye as being precision anarchy but Nirvana just fucking up everyones world taking insane chances and getting away with it.

Anyways, I've had fun playing you since you've been back... keep the addiction in check and you can go 11 years like me. ;-0
Sickone
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 12:43 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Hehheeh... I am hoping this rotting corpse gives me a few more years.
Not the other way around.
Wastemore jr... you must mean little Thaniel boy.
Birds, Nirv, Vander, and so on each had their own style for sure.
Given your turkey comment, you would have fit right in at the weekly Asylum Lan...
constant good humored, but very foul ribbing.
p.s. Warm the turkey in the microwave - it is much more enjoyable Smile
jesusfr3ak4evr
Ace

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:46 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I agree with the top 3. Nothing else really matters... unless you're one of the names with a number > 3 before it Smile

(yes, I was online in the 4th quarter of 2000)
Darktalyn
Hotshot

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:48 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

There aren't three people on that list that could beat me 1v1 :p

The only thing that keeps it even close to respectable is the "circa 2000"

Sfuzzi ranked 20+ spots ahead of me yet I beat her at suncoast LAN in a 1v1 around the same time this list was made is lol

No hate. Just the facts. Smile
Zuruck
Ace

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:21 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

The fact is I pwn all you noobs. fuck yea
Avder
Hotshot

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:19 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Ah suncoast, those were the days.

I remember playing some Starcraft, a very loud and very obscenity laden game of D2 (the best game of D2 I have EVER played), and making an absolutely EPIC last-second, game saving headshot in a game of counter strike.

I dont even remember if I bothered playing D3 at that event. I only cared about playing D1 competitively back then.
Neo
[deleted]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:54 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

you humans and your obscenities. >_>
D3Alien
Hotshot

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:32 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Darktalyn wrote:
There aren't three people on that list that could beat me 1v1 :p

The only thing that keeps it even close to respectable is the "circa 2000"

Sfuzzi ranked 20+ spots ahead of me yet I beat her at suncoast LAN in a 1v1 around the same time this list was made is lol

No hate. Just the facts. Smile

I'd agree that the list is not accurate for later years. I didn't even play D3 until '01 and didn't really have the insight to evaluate the skill of better players until '03, so I can't comment circa 2000.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:09 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Is there a point to keeping this "discussion" alive?
Avder
Hotshot

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:03 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Looks like nostalgia appears to be the point.
D3Alien
Hotshot

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:49 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Neo wrote:
Is there a point to keeping this "discussion" alive?

The same point of posting at all about a game that is over a decade old and that very few people play anymore.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:40 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Which is? Smile
Avder
Hotshot

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:27 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Avder wrote:
Looks like nostalgia appears to be the point.
Neo
[deleted]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:13 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

If you're going to get all nostalgic on me, you might as well spell your name properly, Vader. Razz
diezman
Trainee

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:57 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Just stumbled across this during a bout with nostalgia, and I have to say.. this list brought back some memories! Although I quit shortly after Roxfest and my bout with food poisoning there (ouch!), i remember almost all of the names on the list. Those were the days! I'll never forget the "magic chair" Ghengis used to use before he switched to a 3d pro.. that thing was crazy!
LvlSevenBoss
Hotshot

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:12 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Uggghhhhhh.... bad memories of diezman's nasty MD shot just flooded my mind.

Ace

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:09 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

All your base are belong to the Cum Guzzler
Magnet0
Trainee

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:01 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I remember those times, 2000... hmmm, I remember being up there, as my keyboarding skills back then weren't great, but I specifically remember playing you Suncho aka Lothar, and doing quite well vs you. But, to remain humble, I probably don't deserve a place on that killer list.
Foil
2*pi*r

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:07 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Magnet0 wrote:
...Suncho aka Lothar...

LOL! Razz

[deleted]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:28 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Zuruck wrote:
All your base...

Don't be a homo that's an order, soldier
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic