Descent BB

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Descent BB Forum Index > The DBB Testing Zone > Avatar test Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MD-2389
Insane!

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 5:15 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

bizzach!
Grendel
Ninja Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 6:06 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Can't tell what's supposed to be..

DBB Cadet

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 7:28 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

also...regarding avatar testing....if you wanted to streamline the avatar testing process...one doesnt really need to post a test thread...just maybe go look at any one of the threads they are a part of Smile
TheCope
SPANG!

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 8:30 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 2:19 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Grendel wrote:
Can't tell what's supposed to be..

Rook
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 3:16 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Its Barneys little known and very crabby Uncle Barry.
JBOMB
DBB Cadet

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 3:38 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

i think its sean connery
MD-2389
Insane!

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 9:05 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

JBOMB wrote:
i think its sean connery

I didn't know Sean Connery was female with a voice that sounds like Rachael Weiz. Razz Perhaps this should help:

That'd be Saphira from Eragon. Fantastic movie, though I prefer the book to the movie, just for the sheer ammount of detail alone. I'm about 150 pages into the second one.
Pun
DBB Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 9:49 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I would have used the one from the book cover, personally. The movie sucked ass. /Cartman.
MD-2389
Insane!

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 9:53 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I'd love to as well, but I didn't buy the hardcover when it came out. Almost $20 for a book is a bit much for me. I have the paperback, but it has the movie poster cover. Sad
++fyrephlie++
DBB PostBot

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 10:44 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I have the hardcovers of both...

The books were good, though I think he borrowed a little too liberally from Earthsea.

The movie was awful... there's just no way they could have pulled it off. It lost so much impact when you take away all of the character backgrounds.

(19:45:53) JBOMBnsht : go brokebackmountain on that ass and fuck a dude...change it up..ya never know
Pun
DBB Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 7:10 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

++fyrephlie++ wrote:

The movie was awful... there's just no way they could have pulled it off. It lost so much impact when you take away all of the character backgrounds.

Word. I read both books at my son's insistence. They were well written, considering the author was a teenager at the time.
++fyrephlie++
DBB PostBot

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 8:35 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Pun wrote:
++fyrephlie++ wrote:

Word. I read both books at my son's insistence. They were well written, considering the author was a teenager at the time.

I read the first one because my daughter wanted it read to her, and I wasn't sure if it would hold her interest... I decided that it wouldn't until she was a little older, but, it certainly held mine.

All things considered, yes, they are very well done. You have to give it to Paoulini.

(19:45:53) JBOMBnsht : go brokebackmountain on that ass and fuck a dude...change it up..ya never know
MD-2389
Insane!

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 10:11 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I'm just about done with the second book (I really have a hard time putting these down!) and I have to say I'm really impressed.
++fyrephlie++
DBB PostBot

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 8:56 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Yeah, I went out and bought the second book after reading the first in about a week... I had the weekend off, and nothing much was happening, so I read it in 3 separate 10/11 pm to 2-4 am sessions by Monday morning. It's good stuff. I'm eager for the last installment... when we finally get some closure.

MD-2389
Insane!

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 12:57 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Ok....that was an interesting way to end the second book. (finished reading it the other night) I saw the whole Murtagh being alive thing a mile away, but the rest.....damn! I just hope the last installment will be worthy of the first two. (rumor has it that it'll be released sometime next year, which quite frankly is too long for my tastes!)

I was browsing some of the videos on Shurtugal and in one of the book signing vids someone asked him if he thought about doing a prequel. He said he had considered it, but if he was to do one, it would be about Brom. (insert huge applause from crowd here)

btw, if you're curious theres a sneak peak at book 3 (snippet from the third chapter) on there as well. (which happens to also be in the paperback ed of the novel)
View previous topic :: View next topic