Descent BB

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Descent BB Forum Index > Descent Support > basewars vid crash Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vicariusk

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 3:17 pm Reply with quote

Any idea why i would get a vid crash starting up basewars but not similar problem when starting up hyperspace? Call stack:
------------------------------------------------------------------
main.exe 0056fa7c()
kernel32.dll 7c816fd7()
------------------------------------------------------------------
intel 915gv open gl

I've updated dx files and shut down all the eye candy. Its an onboard integrated graphics but it works fine with both hyperspace mods.
Suncho
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 6:09 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Don't know anything about the mods. Sorry man.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:27 pm Reply with quote

I installed my Descent 3 to c:\descent3 with no spaces and it worked perfectly even though it was giving me the above error before. Hope this helps out.
MD-2389
Insane!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:27 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

From what I can recall, Descent 3 has always had issues with on-board intel graphics. The only thing I can really suggest is that you either splurge for a decent video card and hope it works, or update your video drivers and hope it works.
View previous topic :: View next topic