Descent BB

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Descent BB Forum Index > The DBB Gallery > Want a Pyro on your Desk??? Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KoolBear
Trainee

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:19 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

All once again I am a crossforum-posting no good... shoot me later.

Looking to make an 8" long model of a Pyro-GX I will place an order this coming Friday it'll cost me between 200-250 dollars. I will pay for the original model that the mold will be cast from. But I would like the community to cover mold and cated part costs.

Example the mold cost $350 (guess)
We have 50 people want a Pyro so each ends up paying the cost of a casted part plus ther percentage of tthe cost of the mold in this example that woiuld be $7.00 each in addition to the of thier model.

These would not be painted.

Read more here...
http://www.descentbb.net/viewtopic.php?t=12239

I originally intended on making the silicone mold and casting the parts then I realized I've never done it before and it might consume the few minutes each day I have to pend with my kids Wink

I have decided to have the shop making my model quote the mold and casting individual parts for people. We will need to do a single order to get any benifits of quantiy purchasing.

Regards,
KB

Pass the word, the more people we can get
JBOMB
DBB Cadet

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:27 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

very cool KB...
You can include me on any sales list you may or may not have going on. (1 unit please) Smile

Bubbas model is for sure the cleanest of the 3 imo Smile

However...why arent you going "original O.G. pyro!?????

seems like a no brainer to me Smile
KoolBear
Trainee

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:46 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

JBomb,

I wanted something close but higher rez, remember most of us won't be able to paint them so and and all detail we can get will make up for it.

Eagle's Pro can be played in the game now and is pretty nice

I'll see if I can figure out how to render these without the textures, then they will be more like what someone will purchse.

Eagles...

Bubba's...

Krentz's

But please forgive me as I would like to keep the discuss limited to one thread Razz I plan on starting a "Reservation Thread" after I get quotes Monday.

BTW, We aren't limited to the GX it's just one that sticks in my heart! SO of course it'll be first one to make.

Be Kool!
Bunyip
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:00 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I could probably cast these in glass Wink after I take that glass casting class...

JBOMB
DBB Cadet

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:12 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

say THAT 5 times fast...
++fyrephlie++
DBB PostBot

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:08 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

If I had money, I'd totally spend it on this... I wonder if I can get a refund check on my donation to .net... seeing as how I'm still temporalily banned there.

(19:45:53) JBOMBnsht : go brokebackmountain on that ass and fuck a dude...change it up..ya never know
Pun
DBB Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:02 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I want one.
KoolBear
Trainee

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:26 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Update,

I have emailed Sp3ctre to see if he will allow us to us this model...

Ferno has requested that I hold off a little he wants to update his pyro and put it on the table.

If you consider that many of these models will not be painted then we need to go for as much detail in the model as possible.

Currently this is the order of preference

1) Sp3ctre's
2) Eagle's
3) Bubbalou's
4) Krentz's

?) Ferno's ??

I am twitching! I want mine now! I have requested quotes for the shop creating the STL model for me to quote the silicone mold and casting of parts. I KNOW they will do a far better job thatn I could. Hopefully thier pricing is right for everyone!

KB
JBOMB
DBB Cadet

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:33 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

thats really sweet looking...

ferno...dont bother ;P
Bunyip
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:12 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

By the way, sign me up Wink

KoolBear
Trainee

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 12:14 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Update: Sp3ctre has agreed. I'll get pricing early next week! Still want osee ferno's though.

After I get pricing I will start a Reservation/Request thread but on .net sorry this is difficult to cross post details Wink

I bet there's some people that would like to get thiers painted. Does anyone know of anyone that has the skills and might be willing to paint some models?

KB
KoolBear
Trainee

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 12:20 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

++fyrephlie++ wrote:
If I had money, I'd totally spend it on this... I wonder if I can get a refund check on my donation to .net... seeing as how I'm still temporalily banned there.

Check your PM
BUBBALOU
Insane!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:14 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Update

White BG Version

Next is the bottom, and with no real reference, except some garbage they threw on it in the D3 intro, I will have to be a little creative

Follow along

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:03 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Current Cockpit Update

Refined Model for Desk Pyro

Anyone have a Military or Sci-Fi pilot mesh?

Follow along

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:48 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Yes sir woman or man?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 2:19 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Something like this is that what youare looking for.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:52 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Bubba, check with the IC team for the high poly D2 hostage model.

STRESSTEST
DBB Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:11 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Any more news on this KB?

JBOMB - "kinda...cause after you smoke enough bowls you end up realizing you are both 2 idiots jumping around in front of a tv.."
BUBBALOU
Insane!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:23 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

STRESSTEST wrote:

Post dates are not your strong point last stage before initial Prefab of Master unit

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:41 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

BUBBALOU wrote:
STRESSTEST wrote:

Post dates are not your strong point last stage before initial Prefab of Master unit

Neither is dot net... ahem

JBOMB - "kinda...cause after you smoke enough bowls you end up realizing you are both 2 idiots jumping around in front of a tv.."
BUBBALOU
Insane!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:18 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Well I guess you have a point there...........

So for people like yourself, is why I also post updates here too!