Descent BB

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Descent BB Forum Index > Descent Single Player > Descent Easter Eggs Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MD0001
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:45 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

1: The Expediator is the same design of ship like the Orf in Descent Freespace
2: There is a robot onboard the Expediator from D1, he is behind soem glass and will be destroyed in 1 shot.
3: Level 10 of D3 is level 1 of D1
4: Those doors at the beginning of every level of D1 and D2 were openable, I once did it but I couldn't figure out how to do it again.
Testiculese
Insane!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:49 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:51 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

For #4, those doors were just textures, weren't they? (Though I remember if you hit them with lasers, they would say they were locked.)

If you actually did manage to open them..what was behind them?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:07 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Oh these ARE doors. But I don't know a trigger to open them. Since they are doors there must be something behind them Wink

Hint D1: GABBAGABBAHEY ASTRAL Smile
(It's just a cube-room, normal textures...)
MD0001
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:12 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I opened one in D1 many many years ago.

I think it was the level where you have to fly through all those tunnels of lava. (Lava on all sides)

It was just powerups.
zico
Trainee

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:40 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Ya that is right. I also remember some levels having powerups there. But I am not sure if those are custom levels.
BUBBALOU
Insane!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:28 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

level 2 (helix level) in D2 counterstrike, when you first enter the mine go to the left grate. Flare the ceiling behind the grate there is a switch. Use another flare to trigger it and then the entrance door opens, goodies inside

Enjoy the smart mines!!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:11 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

if you really want an easter egg, you should refer to the topic i made about the datlink transmission in level 3...

because it was straight from the demo, and calls you concord 6. obviously in d3 full version you are NOT concord 6.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 12:38 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I still like the manual guidebot control "powerup" in Mercenary or whatever. ^_~
Delia
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 1:59 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

...and how do you do that?
d3jake
Ace

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 12:26 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I think it was one of those "we want to have this powerup in the game, opps, we ran out of funding and time."