Descent BB

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Descent BB Forum Index > Descent Single Player > Saturn mission Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
catseeker
Trainee

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:35 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I recently discovered the excellent Saturn series and completed all but
the first one. I can't find the 'power centre switch' and get to the place to repair the guide bot.

And what's with the little bot that turns off the valve ? And hitting 3 switches in 2 seconds ( which is not hard) ?

It's a great level and I'd really like to finish it.

Any tips greatly appreciated,

Catseeker.
Foil
2*pi*r

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:09 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

You're talking about "Mission at Saturn" by Atan? Hmm, it's been too long since I played through it, but I do vaguely remember searching for that switch, and finding it somewhere that seemed obvious but was easy to miss.

DBB PostBot

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:04 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Foil wrote:
You're talking about "Mission at Saturn" by Atan? Hmm, it's been too long since I played through it, but I do vaguely remember searching for that switch, and finding it somewhere that seemed obvious but was easy to miss.

That's like a John Edwards psychic bit...

"You're here to... speak to someone who's past....

A family member... or someone that was like a family member... or... maybe someone who was part of a family...

They had a name.... it started with....

a letter..."

(19:45:53) JBOMBnsht : go brokebackmountain on that ass and fuck a dude...change it up..ya never know
catseeker
Trainee

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:44 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Hi Foil,

yes, it's the level from Dark and Atan. I wrote to Dark but I had to use English ...

I found one place where I could trip a switch through a wall using a fire missile - but I suppose that was not intended.

All the ways to the lower levels seem to be blocked. There is a ventilation
shaft that leads down, but the fan needs to be turned of. Does that jog your memory ?

Thanks,
C
Foil
2*pi*r

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:07 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

catseeker wrote:
...Does that jog your memory ?

Yeah, but I still don't remember where that switch is.

++fyrephlie++ wrote:

LOL, true! Guess I'm not much help, after all. Razz

DBB PostBot

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:09 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Foil wrote:
++fyrephlie++ wrote:

LOL, true! Guess I'm not much help, after all. Razz

I just lol'd a little when I read it... not that I'm much help either... Wink

(19:45:53) JBOMBnsht : go brokebackmountain on that ass and fuck a dude...change it up..ya never know
Foil
2*pi*r

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:22 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Catseeker, you might get more info by posting the question over at PlanetDescent.com . I think there are more people there who regularly play singleplayer missions.

Trainee

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:19 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Thanks, Guys. I didn't get the existential joke...

Foil, I'll follow your suggestion.

C
View previous topic :: View next topic