Descent BB

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Descent BB Forum Index > Forum Support and Feedback > So what's the deal with... Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sarge
DBB Old Duff

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:56 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

... both these threads being locked? Now neither can be annotated?!?

http://descentbb.com/viewtopic.php?t=691

http://descentbb.com/viewtopic.php?t=2045

The one I understand, but I thought the other was gonna become the sandbox.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:13 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

and...

http://www.descentbb.com/viewtopic.php?t=2024

usually when people lock shit up, they at least mod mushroom stamp the thing so you know what's what...

(19:45:53) JBOMBnsht : go brokebackmountain on that ass and fuck a dude...change it up..ya never know
Rook
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:15 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

We have reached our monthly quota of "fun" Sarge. Our Provider only allows so much before additional charges are incurred. Don't worry though, we will restart the "fun" promptly on Feb1. By the way, which one did you think should have been locked?
JBOMB
DBB Cadet

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:17 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

this one Smile
Bunyip
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:17 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I locked the so-called 'sandbox' thread - it's all fun and games but when the homosex theme became involved it started looking like a resurgence of a war I don't want infecting the saloon. I just locked it for now. Forum administrations may choose to take a different action later. That's up to them.

Personally, I'd like to back up a few iterations in the picture and keep it good-natured. That's what I'm hoping for.

JBOMB
DBB Cadet

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:23 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

agreed..i locked the wardog hottub friends thread so that it wouldnt be ruined by a "lets hate on deidel" necro derailment ending....

because that thread was supposed to be about making sure wardog had enough peeps for his BBQ Razz

so..it got necrod then derailed...something had to be done!

im not sure whats going on with the split being locked..i guess we are on standby to find out?
JBOMB
DBB Cadet

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:27 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

update:

pun wrote:
I've hesitated to make a serious reply here because the whole thing just seems so silly to me. However, after further review of the posts, I feel that I must say something.

I'm no fan of Deidel's by any means. I think he's opinionated and arrogant, and obviously has some insecurities that he deals with. But, some of the posts that I'm reading here are nothing less than despicable, from user and staff alike. When we started this board, we all agreed to keep the moderation light, but also agreed on a few basic guidelines that we would enforce. One of those guidelines was that we would allow no personal attacks. Now, I don't have a problem with photoshopping if it's all in good fun. But, it's obvious that some this is not in good fun.

I will not let this forum become a stomping grounds for your personal vendettas. This whole thing is ridiculous. you guys are acting like bigger assholes than Deidel. I should have done something about this thread a long time ago. The line that we draw here on this board is wavy and faded in spots, but it's still there. I hope you can take another look at this thread and pick out for yourselves what should and shouldn't have been said.

Please. No more vicious, personal attacks. Ribbing is fine. Busting balls is fine. but outright hatred is not. MD2389, your posts are ruthless. Are these the values you plan to instill in your children? I was going to delete your posts, as well as some others, but Ive decided to leave them there for everyone to see. We'll let the community judge your character.

Total clusterfuck of a thread closed.

Thanks, and have a nice day.

there ya have it. Smile

heh
Sarge
DBB Old Duff

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:31 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Agree

You should just delete the homo one then.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:36 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I think the original wardog sandbox thread should be unlocked and watched for derailment/corruption. Leave it stickied for a while and then let it fly off like the beautiful butterfly that it is. Someday next year, someone will resurrect it and we'll all have a laugh about it again. The other two threads are going to stay locked. If you guys want to photoshop someone in good fun, cool.

I'm done with the Deidel hate though. I could care less about D2 D2X D2X-XL D2X Rebirth D2FUCKYOU. Take that bullshit somewhere else or talk about it nicely in the multiplayer forum. The posts in these threads remind me so much of what I hated about .net.

Go get some sun you fkin dorks. Who gives a shit if Deidel's mod has more bugs than some other guys mod. It's a fuckin' dorkfest. You guys all need to go out and get some pussy. Jesus Christ.

Discuss.
JBOMB
DBB Cadet

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:40 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

maybe someone should let everyone know why its locked at the bottom of that thread...

like maybe "Locked for combining Deidel Hate + Homoeroticism...Separately they are tolerated but combined takes it in the NO zone...thank you"

ill unlock the wardog thread as i am the one that locked it..see..i knew something was very wrong with the thread...i just didnt know what to do.. so i split it and closed it...

Smile
++fyrephlie++
DBB PostBot

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:47 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

this better?

(19:45:53) JBOMBnsht : go brokebackmountain on that ass and fuck a dude...change it up..ya never know
JBOMB
DBB Cadet

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:48 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

heh
Pun
DBB Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:48 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

yeah, whoever locked that 2nd split should put a stamp on it.

edit. lol @ phlie.
++fyrephlie++
DBB PostBot

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:49 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

thanks for mushroom stamping the diedel thread... i feel better...

i was trying to be a good boy massah sah... really i was!

can we keep the second split if it's like the image above????

Sarge
DBB Old Duff

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:50 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

lol @ phile

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:57 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

shroomed.

Pun
DBB Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:34 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

No no no, phlie! do not adulterate our awesome hot tub thread with deidel shit, please!
++fyrephlie++
DBB PostBot

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:36 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Pun wrote:
No no no, phlie! do not adulterate our awesome hot tub thread with deidel shit, please!

there's still hot tub!!! it's just growning... it's in the alps now and shit!!! c'mon!!!

Pun
DBB Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:41 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

No, no no!

I say we start a new chop thread right fuckin' here. I'll start!

Sarge
DBB Old Duff

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:47 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

too small

you can read into that anything you want... heh

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:27 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

heheh ... i was half drunk nsht... that hat fucking rocks! wish they made one in my size.

JBOMB
DBB Cadet

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:36 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

im forever scarred!
Bunyip
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:17 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

speaking of hats - who wants to go skiing !??

Grendel
Ninja Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:00 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Pun wrote:
No, no no!

Hahahah -- he should have known better Very Happy

Ace

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:31 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Is that Fyre???? What's my pubic hairs doin' round his mouth??????
Bunyip
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:02 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I think they are glued there with elephant spooge!

Pun
DBB Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:20 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I just realized that pic doesn't need any chopping at all.
Bunyip
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:22 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

ahahaha... I was about to chop in an effalump too..

++fyrephlie++
DBB PostBot

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:21 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Grendel wrote:
Pun wrote:
No, no no!

Hahahah -- he should have known better Very Happy

seriously? have at it, i really like that pic. it has all the elements of a good photo... a half drunk guy wearing a hat that's way to small for him with a ridiculous smirk... what could go wrong?!?!

p.s. if i had a problem with the pic, i wouldn't have put it on the interwebs.

Grendel
Ninja Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:51 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

He should have known better than to let Pun take that picture. And not destroying the camera Very Happy

Insane!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:59 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Not exactly an award winning attempt, but its the best I could find with 30 seconds of searching on google.
Bunyip
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:28 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I'll run with it. I spent 15 mins on this... and it shows :p

++fyrephlie++
DBB PostBot

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:06 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

that took you 15 minutes?

JBOMB
DBB Cadet

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:08 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

wtfh is going on in here..

heheheheh..
Bunyip
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:04 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Wink at least 15 mins. I'm employed in a different industry nsht. I don't have all your free time to get good w/ this stuff.

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic